locked Worked B4 sometimes not working

Paul AC9O

Not all Worked B4 are being picked up sometimes. In the screen capture, you will see K5RAV (which I just worked a few contacts ago) highlighted but shows up in the pop-up as worked b4 on 6m. Next to it is W0IZ which I also just worked but is showing up as B4. I tried clearing the cache but no change. I use ACLog as my logger. Until I upgraded WSJT-X to v2.2.0-rc2 it was fine as far as I can tell. Been on 2.16.6 for a few days.

Hope I am describing things ok.

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

Paul AC9O

Here's another example with XE2OR....

73
Paul, AC9O

Stephen - K6SJT

I'm seeing the same issue   - I work a station:
(1) Log it to HRD through JTAlert
(2) Receive the JTAlert Logging confirmation popup
(3) On subsequent decodes the station I just logged keeps showing up in JTAlert as not worked with no B4 designation.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/05/2020 3:51 am, Paul AC9O wrote:
Not all Worked B4 are being picked up sometimes. In the screen capture, you will see K5RAV (which I just worked a few contacts ago) highlighted but shows up in the pop-up as worked b4 on 6m. Next to it is W0IZ which I also just worked but is showing up as B4. I tried clearing the cache but no change. I use ACLog as my logger. Until I upgraded WSJT-X to v2.2.0-rc2 it was fine as far as I can tell. Been on 2.16.6 for a few days.

Hope I am describing things ok.

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O
Paul,

At this time, I don't know what is happening.

Clearing the B4 cache should have corrected the problem as it forces JTAlert to perform a log lookup of the Callsigns on the next decode period. Have you confirmed that Callsigns missing the B4 did in fact make it into your Log? If they did, the B4 should have been updated on the decode period. It looks to me like they didn't get logged.

On 27/05/2020 6:36 am:
I'm seeing the same issue   - I work a station:
(1) Log it to HRD through JTAlert
(2) Receive the JTAlert Logging confirmation popup
(3) On subsequent decodes the station I just logged keeps showing up in JTAlert as not worked with no B4 designation.

First, please sign your messages, I shouldn't have examine the email headers to see if there is a name and/or callsign in the from address.

If JTAlert is incorrectly not displaying the B4 for a recently logged station and assuming you haven't changed band/mode then clearing the B4 cache will force JTAlert to do a fresh log lookup on the next decode of that callsign and that should correct the missing B4.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Stephen - K6SJT

Hi Laurie, sorry about not signing, I thought my name and call would be displayed in the header by groups.io - my bad

As I listed in my original message, the QSO is logged to HRD via JTAlert and JTAlert does confirm with "SUCCESS: QSO Logged" to HRD

The windows then clears and can show several additional cycles, yet the WSO station still does not show as worked before in JTAlert -

PS - I run FT4 predominantly

Stephen Taylor - K6SJT

Paul AC9O

Hi Laurie,

Definitely in the log. When I display the pop-up, it shows as worked too. In ACLog, when I start a contact, it lists the prior contacts so I can see it right away.

Doesn't happen all the time, but seems to be more frequent. Very intermittent. Perhaps it some kind of a timing issue with the multiple decode passes in the new version of WSJT-X?

Thanks for looking.

73
Paul, AC9O

Michael Boudreaux

Hi,
Same here intermittently. Show before on wsjt-x but not on JTalert. It's been happening a few versions to me. Great program just ack the issue.  73 vk3xz  Mike

Charles Ristorcelli

I too have the same problem.

How is it possible that NO ONE ELSE has experienced this problem AND found a solution?

Is it possible that NO ONE else uses JT Alert, or everyone has the problem but does not care?

If someone has an answer, how about a detailed explanation of the solution.

73 de NN3V

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/05/2020 6:51 am:
I too have the same problem.

How is it possible that NO ONE ELSE has experienced this problem AND found a solution?

Is it possible that NO ONE else uses JT Alert, or everyone has the problem but does not care?

If someone has an answer, how about a detailed explanation of the solution.

73 de NN3V

OM,

It is a bit hard to provide help when you have avoided providing any information regarding your operating environment in this post and your recently started "HELP" message.

  • What version of JTAlert?
  • What Logger is being used with JTAlert?
  • What Windows version?
  • WSJT-X or JTDX and what version?
  • Is this a recent problem, if so what was the last JTAlert version that worked for you?

FWIW, the current JTAlert user-base exceeds 10,000 unique Callsigns active a Month.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 27/05/2020 12:06 pm, Stephen Taylor - K6SJT wrote:
As I listed in my original message, the QSO is logged to HRD via JTAlert and JTAlert does confirm with "SUCCESS: QSO Logged" to HRD

The windows then clears and can show several additional cycles, yet the WSO station still does not show as worked before in JTAlert -

PS - I run FT4 predominantly

Stephen Taylor - K6SJT

Stephen,
  1. Does clearing the B4 cache (via the Alerts menu near the top) correct this B4 non-display?

  2. If clearing the B4 cache does not correct the B4 non-display, please as a test restart JTAlert, does the affect Callsign correctly show the B4 after the JTAlert restart?
Let me know the answer to these two questions.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gerald Klotz

I had this happen once but at the time I was doing major multitasking. Besides having the regular four programs running for FT 8, I had several web sites open as well as some other programs. I also had my weather station running which is a draw on the graphics card. I shut everything down and rebooted and didn’t see it again, figured it was a glitch or windows problem.

Gerry Klotz

On 27/05/2020 1:03 pm, Paul AC9O wrote:
Definitely in the log. When I display the pop-up, it shows as worked too. In ACLog, when I start a contact, it lists the prior contacts so I can see it right away.

Doesn't happen all the time, but seems to be more frequent. Very intermittent. Perhaps it some kind of a timing issue with the multiple decode passes in the new version of WSJT-X?

Thanks for looking.

73
Paul, AC9O

Paul,
  1. What Mode, FT4 or FT8 or is it both?

  2. Does clearing the B4 cache (via the Alerts menu near the top) correct this B4 non-display?

  3. If clearing the B4 cache does not correct the B4 non-display, please as a test restart JTAlert, does the affect Callsign correctly show the B4 after the JTAlert restart?

Let me know the answer to these three questions.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Paul AC9O

Hi Laurie,

FT8. I haven't delved into FT4 yet.

I did clear the cache multiple times. And restarted JTAlert, and at one point, did a system restart too. Still seeing the issue.

Just noticed something today. I was on 15m when there was little activity, only 2 or 3 decodes. I worked multiple stations on this quite band and the Worked B4 functioned fine on all.

Perhaps it's something in the way of a timing issue when the second or third decode pass takes place? That wouldn't happen on a quite band too often I presume.

Just a thought.

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

Tony Dixon G4CJC

I seem to have the same problem, sometimes.
Using WSJT-X2.2.0 -rc3, JTAlert 2.16.6, W10 64bit with all updates current. The attached snip is of receiving FT4, EA1A having worked on FT8 with mode ignored. I have not researched this extensively but will make more note of seeming anomalies. Clearing the B4 cache does not seem to make any difference. Can I help in any way?
Cheers
Tony G4CJC

Paul AC9O

Edited

Hi Laurie,

Came across another, perhaps related, alert issue. Note that K1NOX properly alerted as a new state, etc., but is not highlighed in the list above. Also WQ1H is alerted on prefix, but not highlighted above.

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

Paul AC9O

Hi Laurie,

I have a couple more observations...

I added some of the calls to the ignore list, and that works ok.

Can't say for sure but the problem seems to go away when there aren't too many decodes, less than 7 or 8 for example.

73
Paul, AC9O

Norbert Graf - DD3KF

Hello, Laurie,

unfortunately I have an issue with your very useful program JTAlert.

My working environment:

- Windows 10, 64 bit

- WSJT-X 2.2.0 RC3

- JTAlert 2.16.6

- HRD Log 6.7.0.277, logging via JTAlert.

Problem:

- Stations logged and worked B4 are correctly displayed in JTAlert.

- Unfortunately, the information worked B4 randomly is not displayed in the WSJT-X Band Activity window.

- Occasionally, this indicator is missing for a station , although it was displayed correctly in other slots.

- I have cleared the B4 cache. This will not cause any changes.

I include a screen shot of a typical situation. Pse see CT3MD.

What can I do?

TU for your help.

73!

______________

Norbert Graf

D D 3 K F

neil_zampella

Paul,

That is not a JT-Alert issue.    WSJT-X does not highlight any decodes unless its a CQ call.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM, Paul AC9O wrote:

Hi Laurie,

Came across another, perhaps related, alert issue. Note that K1NOX properly alerted as a new state, etc., but is not highlighed in the list above. Also WQ1H is alerted on prefix, but not highlighted above.

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

g4wjs

Neil,

no, but JTAlert does and in this case it appears not to have done some despite it highlighting other callsigns in the WSJT-X Band Activity window.

On 31/05/2020 12:27, neil_zampella wrote:

Paul,

That is not a JT-Alert issue.    WSJT-X does not highlight any decodes unless its a CQ call.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM, Paul AC9O wrote:

Hi Laurie,

Came across another, perhaps related, alert issue. Note that K1NOX properly alerted as a new state, etc., but is not highlighed in the list above. Also WQ1H is alerted on prefix, but not highlighted above.

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

Bill
G4WJS.