locked Adding Callsigns to Ignored List when using Multiple Instances

Stewart Wilkinson

There appears to be a problem when trying to add Ignored Callsigns when using a 2nd Instance of JTAlert.

I often have 2 instances of JTAlert and WSJT-X running with different radio's, the 9700 on 2m and the 7300 on HF or 6m.

On the 2nd instance if I right click on a callsign in JTAlert and select  'Add to Ignored Callsign List' it says it has added it, but appears to not do so (or perhaps only do it on a temporary basis) - the only way to try to check seems to be to open the 'Ignored Callsigns' list from the first instance to find that the added callsign does not appear- I have checked and it does not appear if I close both instances and restart one of them.

Although I've not tested - I assume this applies to the other lists too.

--
Stewart G0LGS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/05/2020 7:20 pm, Stewart Wilkinson via groups.io wrote:
There appears to be a problem when trying to add Ignored Callsigns when using a 2nd Instance of JTAlert.

I often have 2 instances of JTAlert and WSJT-X running with different radio's, the 9700 on 2m and the 7300 on HF or 6m.

On the 2nd instance if I right click on a callsign in JTAlert and select  'Add to Ignored Callsign List' it says it has added it, but appears to not do so (or perhaps only do it on a temporary basis) - the only way to try to check seems to be to open the 'Ignored Callsigns' list from the first instance to find that the added callsign does not appear- I have checked and it does not appear if I close both instances and restart one of them.

Although I've not tested - I assume this applies to the other lists too.

--
Stewart G0LGS

Unfortunately what our seeing is due to the non-shared nature of the settings data within each JTAlert instance. Specifically, changes made in one instance (eg. adding ignored Callsign) not being see by the other instance. There is nothing that can be done about this until  JTAlertV3 (still months from release however).

See the JTAlert Help file "Multiple Instances" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA