locked Windows Title Bar

VE3JI

Hi All

I was wondering what the items in the left side of the Windows Title Bar are ?

My current one is :

JTAlert 2.16.4 VE3JI [~, 17M,DXK,F,#1] (!)

I understand what most of the items are but was wondering what the ... ~ ... F ... and the (!)  are

thanks Ian VE3JI

Tom Job

Hi Ian…

The ~ indicates your mode ( but it doesn’t seem to be there in mine since I ugraded.  Used to be ~ or # or@ to indicate the mode.  Now it seems to just spell it out)

17m is obviously the band

DXK is your logger (DXKeeper  I guess)

Dunno what the F is for

#1 means you are using the first log (you may have others)

The ! means you have updates

Below is mine….

73….Tom

I was wondering what the items in the left side of the Windows Title Bar are ?

My current one is :

JTAlert 2.16.4 VE3JI [~, 17M,DXK,F,#1] (!)

I understand what most of the items are but was wondering what the ... ~ ... F ... and the (!)  are

thanks Ian VE3JI

Avast logo

The ~ is the mode from the WSJT-X column between Freq & Message.

Though in my 2.16.6 version ~ is FT8 so maybe that is now spelled out or is just different in the non-title bar version.

The F means you have a filter on.

The ! means there are updates available for either the callsign database or JTAlert.

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:55:57 AM CDT, VE3JI <ve3ji@...> wrote:

Hi All

I was wondering what the items in the left side of the Windows Title Bar are ?

My current one is :

JTAlert 2.16.4 VE3JI [~, 17M,DXK,F,#1] (!)

I understand what most of the items are but was wondering what the ... ~ ... F ... and the (!)  are

thanks Ian VE3JI

Michael Black

The #1 mean first instance of JTAlert.

Mike W9MDB

#1 means you are using the first log (you may have others)

The ! means you have updates

Below is mine….

73….Tom

I was wondering what the items in the left side of the Windows Title Bar are ?

My current one is :

JTAlert 2.16.4 VE3JI [~, 17M,DXK,F,#1] (!)

I understand what most of the items are but was wondering what the ... ~ ... F ... and the (!)  are

thanks Ian VE3JI

Avast logo

Tom Job

Ah, OK.  Well I only have one radio so only ever run one instance of it J   I have several logs so I thought it was the #1 HRD5 log.

Thanks Mike…

Tom

#1 means you are using the first log (you may have others)

The ! means you have updates

Below is mine….

73….Tom

I was wondering what the items in the left side of the Windows Title Bar are ?

My current one is :

JTAlert 2.16.4 VE3JI [~, 17M,DXK,F,#1] (!)

I understand what most of the items are but was wondering what the ... ~ ... F ... and the (!)  are

thanks Ian VE3JI

VE3JI

Hi All

thanks for the info ... last question ... the F ... I have a Flex 6600 running 2 instances but no filters are turned on

thoughts ?

thanks again

Ian VE3JI

John L. Broughton

Mine reads: JTAlert 2.16..6 WB9VGJ [FT8,20m,ADIF,#1] (Updates)

The band indicator changes when I change bands.

I had no problems updating to v2.16.6 with Windows 10.

73,

John
--

On 5/23/2020 7:55 AM, VE3JI wrote:
Hi All

I was wondering what the items in the left side of the Windows Title Bar are ?

My current one is :

JTAlert 2.16.4 VE3JI [~, 17M,DXK,F,#1] (!)

I understand what most of the items are but was wondering what the ... ~ ... F ... and the (!)  are

thanks Ian VE3JI

Dave Garber

I believe they are referring to filters in the jtalert program, not the radio.   check to see if alerts are changed, in any heading
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 8:26 PM VE3JI <ve3ji@...> wrote:
Hi All

thanks for the info ... last question ... the F ... I have a Flex 6600 running 2 instances but no filters are turned on

thoughts ?

thanks again

Ian VE3JI

Dave Garber

or one of your slices is in fox mode

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 5:49 AM Dave ve3wej <ve3wej@...> wrote:
I believe they are referring to filters in the jtalert program, not the radio.   check to see if alerts are changed, in any heading
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 8:26 PM VE3JI <ve3ji@...> wrote:
Hi All

thanks for the info ... last question ... the F ... I have a Flex 6600 running 2 instances but no filters are turned on

thoughts ?

thanks again

Ian VE3JI

VE3JI

Hi Dave ... thanks for the tip ... it is in the Manage Settings / Alerts / Filters  .... if one is selected  "F" is displayed

73 Ian, VE3JI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/05/2020 12:26 am, VE3JI wrote:
Hi Dave ... thanks for the tip ... it is in the Manage Settings / Alerts / Filters  .... if one is selected  "F" is displayed

Rather than opening the Settings window which stops decodes processing and is rather slow, just use the "Alerts->Filters" menu to turn on/off filters.

de Laurie VK3AMA