locked Distance Alert

Seb

I would like to see a user defined alert based on decode distance. This would be useful for VHF/UHF bands. On 6 meters for example, a decode greater than 1500 miles would alert, on 2 meters, a decode greater than 100 miles, etc. Obviously this would not be useful on HF.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

Tom Melvin

There is an ‘Out of Shack’ alert that is based on decode distance. It is only per instance not per band but it’s better than nothing.

Tom

P.S. 1500 miles bit long for 6m - I have it set here to 500 Miles and it alerts me fine when band is open.

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 19 May 2020, at 17:02, Seb <w4as@miamisky.com> wrote:

I would like to see a user defined alert based on decode distance. This would be useful for VHF/UHF bands. On 6 meters for example, a decode greater than 1500 miles would alert, on 2 meters, a decode greater than 100 miles, etc. Obviously this would not be useful on HF.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/05/2020 2:02 am, Seb wrote:
I would like to see a user defined alert based on decode distance.  This would be useful for VHF/UHF bands.  On 6 meters for example, a decode greater than 1500 miles would alert, on 2 meters, a decode greater than 100 miles, etc.  Obviously this would not be useful on HF.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS
You can do that already with the User defined alert.

Distance is one of the environment variables set when initiating this alert. You just need to alter the script/batch file your using to only perform its actions if the Alert is under your preferred distance.

de Laurie VK3AMA