Topics

locked McAfee

Malcolm Pelham <malcolm.pelham@...>

When I added Mcafee to my computer my JT Alert Shortcut  does not work.  I get this "PROBLEM WITH SHORTCUT"  The item JT Alert.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.  I even went to the windows 10 menu I tried to launch from there. Same message....I uninstalled it and downloaded it again and the same process happened again.  Any ideas....everything was working properly prior to installing McAfee.

Thanks
Mal
WF5K

neil_zampella

You mean other than removing McAfee?

Look to see where you can whitelist the directory where JT-Alert is loaded.   You should be able to do that without a problem.

If you can't, and McAfee was provided 'free' by your ISP, remove it, and actually find an antivirus that allows you to do this, as it sounds like McAfee is quarantining files. I suspect its done that to the JT-Alert executable.

Neil, KN3ILZ

tom

Assume u r running 2.16.5 of jta. Same exact issue here. Work around is run v2.16.4. Glad u isolated issue to McAfee. Tu.
 .de Tom
KE0ABA

Malcolm Pelham <malcolm.pelham@...>

I just went in and uninstalled the latest version and installed v2.16.4 and it works perfectly.  Thanks for the help.

Mal

WF5K

Sent from Mail for Windows 10