locked Duplicate Alt-S Key

Stewart Wilkinson

I have noticed that in JTAlert 2.16.5 Alt-S has two functions - it toggles the 'out-of-shack' it high-lights the 'Settings' menu.

I would suggest changing one of these and make sure that there are no other duplicated alt key mapings caused by having the Menu bar.

Jim N6VH

On 5/17/2020 11:49 PM, Stewart Wilkinson via groups.io wrote:
I have noticed that in JTAlert 2.16.5 Alt-S has two functions - it toggles the 'out-of-shack' it high-lights the 'Settings' menu.

I would suggest changing one of these and make sure that there are no other duplicated alt key mapings caused by having the Menu bar.
_._,_._,_

Alt-S highlighting "Settings" is actually a Windows function. Alt-any letter will highlight any menu item starting with that letter. You can change Alt-S in JTAlert by going to Settings/Miscellaneous/Hot Keys. Replace Alt+S with another hot key. If you use Alt+ a letter, pick a letter that isn't the first letter of any of the menu items in JTAlert.

73,

Jim N6VH

Stewart Wilkinson

Yes it is a Windows function, but one that can be changed by the programmer, at build or run-time depending how the menu is created, as to which letter is the Active one for each Menu item.

In fact the 'Sound xxxx' ' menu also uses the same 'S'.

I had not noticed that you can change the Hot Keys - Thanks.

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/05/2020 4:17 pm, Stewart Wilkinson via groups.io wrote:
Yes it is a Windows function, but one that can be changed by the programmer, at build or run-time depending how the menu is created, as to which letter is the Active one for each Menu item.

In fact the 'Sound xxxx' ' menu also uses the same 'S'.

I had not noticed that you can change the Hot Keys - Thanks.

I was unaware of the default Windows behavior with respect to menus when it automatically used the first character of the menu entry as the accelerator key if one wasn't defined.

With the next release of JTAlert, all top-level menus now have an accelerator character defined.

de Laurie VK3AMA