From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Rhodes
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 2:31 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Text Message Window 'Offline' ??

Version 12.6.5
Either everyone has turned off the text messaging function or I have
something wrong. I have yet to find a callsign that does not show
'offline' in this version. AFAIK, I have not changed anything other than
upgrading and the text window settings look correct. I have rebooted and
that did not help (Win10).

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Brian (N2MLP)

SENT A MESSAGE NO REPLY

========================
         de N2MLP Brian
       Monroe County PA

========================

Either everyone has turned off the text messaging function or I have
something wrong. I have yet to find a callsign that does not show
'offline' in this version. AFAIK, I have not changed anything other than
upgrading and the text window settings look correct. I have rebooted and
that did not help (Win10).

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

neil_zampella

Edited

Just to verify, you're using JT-Alert v2.16.5 ? Not 12.6.5, right?

Did you run the the tests in the SETTINGS -> Web Services -> TCP/IP Network Ports to see if you're connecting?

Neil, KN3ILZ

Mike Rhodes

Yes, 2.16.5 and I received a test message from N2MLP and it showed 'online'. Sent a reply so we will see if it made it thru. However, I put several calls that I copied from the 'band activity' window and all showed 'offline'. I have rebooted but have not done a cold start which often clears those really 'off the wall' issues. Hopefully that will clear this mystery up.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

On 5/16/2020 8:56 PM, neil_zampella wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Just to verify, you're using JT-Alert v2.16.5 ? Not 12.6.5, right?

Did you run the the tests in the SETTINGS -> Web Services -> TCP/IP Network Ports to see if you're connecting?

Neil, KN3ILZ

Gerald Klotz

I used text message yesterday in the beta version and it worked fine.

Gerry Klotz

On May 16, 2020, at 9:15 PM, Mike Rhodes <weightdn@...> wrote:

Yes, 2.16.5 and I received a test message from N2MLP and it showed 'online'. Sent a reply so we will see if it made it thru. However, I put several calls that I copied from the 'band activity' window and all showed 'offline'. I have rebooted but have not done a cold start which often clears those really 'off the wall' issues. Hopefully that will clear this mystery up.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

On 5/16/2020 8:56 PM, neil_zampella wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Just to verify, you're using JT-Alert v2.16.5 ? Not 12.6.5, right?

Did you run the the tests in the SETTINGS -> Web Services -> TCP/IP Network Ports to see if you're connecting?

Neil, KN3ILZ

neil_zampella

Just because they're in the band activity window, doesn't mean that they're using JT-Alert.  The only way you know that they're using JT-Alert and have text messaging turned on is that the displayed callsign in JT-Alert is UNDERLINED.   I suspect all those callsigns were not using JT-Alert.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 10:15 PM, Mike Rhodes wrote:

es, 2.16.5 and I received a test message from N2MLP and it showed 'online'. Sent a reply so we will see if it made it thru. However, I put several calls that I copied from the 'band activity' window and all showed 'offline'. I have rebooted but have not done a cold start which often clears those really 'off the wall' issues. Hopefully that will clear this mystery up.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Monty Wilson

My experience is the lack of an underline does not necessarily mean the other ham is not receiving text messages or is not using JTAlert.  I have texted non-underlined calls and received a reply and received text messages from call that are not underlined.

Monty, NR0A

Jwilson16@...

Just because they're in the band activity window, doesn't mean that they're using JT-Alert.  The only way you know that they're using JT-Alert and have text messaging turned on is that the displayed callsign in JT-Alert is UNDERLINED.   I suspect all those callsigns were not using JT-Alert.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 10:15 PM, Mike Rhodes wrote:

es, 2.16.5 and I received a test message from N2MLP and it showed 'online'. Sent a reply so we will see if it made it thru. However, I put several calls that I copied from the 'band activity' window and all showed 'offline'. I have rebooted but have not done a cold start which often clears those really 'off the wall' issues. Hopefully that will clear this mystery up.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Mike Rhodes

Thanks for the 'underlined' info. I never noticed that before and probably wouldn't have known what it was for if I had.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

On 5/17/2020 10:45 AM, Monty Wilson wrote:

[...]

WB5JJJ - George

I have noticed that the red OFFLINE indicator has been on a lot lately.  It shows up even when I am in a chat with a station.  Sometimes, it takes 5 seconds or more to indicate on or off line, and when it does, the station is usually online and able to receive messages even though it will indicate offline.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ