locked upgrade issues

Joe

Releases 2.16.5 for me isn't so good.  It hangs regularly.  Only once have I had to restart it, but every 5-10 minutes it goes to sleep.

Environment is Flex 6600M, SmartSDR, WSJTX release candidate.  Something amiss.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/05/2020 1:37 pm:
Releases 2.16.5 for me isn't so good.  It hangs regularly.  Only once have I had to restart it, but every 5-10 minutes it goes to sleep.

Environment is Flex 6600M, SmartSDR, WSJTX release candidate.  Something amiss.
OM,

When you say "hangs" do you mean the GUI becomes non-responsive or that Callsigns stop being displayed? If the later, that has been reported by a small number of users. In one case the problem was caused by running WSJT-X with elevated privileges (set to run as Administrator). Make sure your not running WSJT-X elevated.

If elevation is not the problem, then I suggest you downgrade JTAlert to 2.16.4 until further testing has been done to try and reproduce the defect after which I will make a new build for those affected to test.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe

Non-responsive...as in restart required.  If it helps, WSJTX is not being run with administrative privilege.  Hope that helps.

Joe/WQ6Q

Joe

Okay, forget my past.  I have run thru an hour of playing with this and in all but two cases (out of maybe 15) the interface is responsive in that I can turn sound on/off, open settings, etc.  In those two cases it appeared truly KIA.  In those cases, I did not have to kill the process but rather used the "X" in the upper right corner to end it.

Joe/WQ6Q

Joe

That should have been "...my last" (message)...sorry!