Topics

locked WSJT-X WSPR with JTAlert

Niek

Edited

Hi,

New user of JTAlert (v. 2.16.5).
It works nice with WSJT-X (v. 2.1.2) in for example FT8 mode, everything gets picked up by JTAlert.
However in WSPR mode, nothing arrives in JTAlert.
The titlebar of JTAlert updates and shows WSPR, but none of the decodes seem to be picked up.
Am I missing a setting?

I searched the forum and read the help file, sorry if I missed something.

Edit: I just installed WSJT-X v. 2.2.0-rc1, but it didn't make a difference.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/05/2020 5:28 am, Niek wrote:
New user of JTAlert (v. 2.16.5).
It works nice with WSJT-X (v. 2.1.2) in for example FT8 mode, everything gets picked up by JTAlert.
However in WSPR mode, nothing arrives in JTAlert.
The titlebar of JTAlert updates and shows WSPR, but none of the decodes seem to be picked up.
Am I missing a setting?

I searched the forum and read the help file, sorry if I missed something.

Short answer, JTAlert doesn't support processing and alerting on WSPR decodes. Sorry that is unlikely to change.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Niek

Thanks Laurie, that's a shame.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Why? WSPR is a *broadcast* (SWL) protocol - not a QSO based protocol.
There is no QSO data exchanged/acknowledged only two stations hearing
each other.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-05-12 3:44 AM, Niek wrote: