locked AIO Start Failure on Windows 7 Pro

km3pmpb@...

Hello,  I recently added a computer to the shack to use for FT8 and I can not get any of the current versions of JT Alerts to run on this computer; it is running Windows 7 Professional. I downloaded the latest version of JT Alerts (2.16.4) and got the AIO Start Failure warning; I uninstalled it and downloaded and installed an older version and am getting the same warning; also, I tried multiple times to download version 2.15.10 and my computer refused to let me download it saying it had a Trojan horse virus so that is the only version I didn’t try because I couldn’t get it downloaded. I did a search and found an old thread that gave a link to some x86 windows driver and I downloaded that but it did nothing; I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, and nothing has worked. I’ve run this program successfully before on other machines and I’m beyond stumped. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? I use JT alerts primarily for uploading to theQRZ logbook.

~Mark KM3P
km3pmpb@...

Michael Black

Remove the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\HamApps

You'll have to redo your configuration but hopefully that clear up the error.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 10:32:38 PM CDT, km3pmpb@... <km3pmpb@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Michael,

I do not have that folder in the system anywhere. I did find another “HamApps” folder under Program Files and I deleted it but JT Alerts still refuses to open, I keep getting the same “AIO Start Failure” message. The program has NOT opened once yet to allow me to make any kind of changes to the settings.

km3pmpb@...

I did find that folder buried in a different user folder and I deleted it but still getting the warning and the program will not open.

Michael Black

Are you going to be around for a while that I could call you?
I'm on another call right now the might take an hour or so.

What's your phone?

I help a lot of people.....

Mike

On Thursday, April 30, 2020, 08:29:12 AM CDT, km3pmpb@... <km3pmpb@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

I do not have that folder in the system anywhere. I did find another “HamApps” folder under Program Files and I deleted it but JT Alerts still refuses to open, I keep getting the same “AIO Start Failure” message. The program has NOT opened once yet to allow me to make any kind of changes to the settings.

Thomas Mize KJ4GK

Make sure you have the most recent version of Microsoft .NET Framework Installed bud. Good luck.