locked V 2.16.4 not filling in NAME,QTH, or GRID info.

John Kludt K7SYS

K6VIB,

I don't know how this works but I started having problems with number of apps after the last Win10 update.  It turned out that I am not sure how but the network had been flipped to "Public" from "Private."  When Is set things back to "Private" things started working again.

John

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 2:07 PM k6vib@q.com <k6vib@q.com> wrote:
Using WSJT-X newest version. my JTAlert 2.16.4 is missing info even after uninstall/reinstall. See Subject line. Tried the ALT program and got the same thing. Any help? SENT 4-29-2020

k6vib@q.com

TNX John. Now where is that pub/priv found? I have seen it but not sure where. Bob K6viB

WB8ASI Herb

It's in you wifi connection properties.  Just found that mine has switched to Public also, but not having problems.  Put it back to Private anyways.  73 Herb WB8ASI

On April 29, 2020 at 2:30 PM "k6vib@q.com" <k6vib@q.com> wrote:

TNX John. Now where is that pub/priv found? I have seen it but not sure where. Bob K6viB

Richard McDonald

Right Click on the network icon in your task tray

Select “Open Network & Internet Settings”

Click on “Change connection properties”

Click on “Private” and close the settings window.

Cheers,

Rich

WB0NRE