locked Showing CQ zone needed.

Rich McCabe

Trying to figure out why I keeping getting alerted that I have a needed CQ zone.

It shows I need zone 4 on 15 meters when I do not. I have LOTW digital confirmation on 15 meters for all states so that should cover zone several times over.

What am I missing?

Running Log4OM so scanning that database. Just did a scan log and rebuild and no change.

Rich
kd0zv

Rich McCabe

As a test  I downloaded an ADIF file from QRZ.com and the CQ zones seem fine when I changed logging in JTAlert to ADIF logging instead of Log4OM.

I tried an ADIF from Log4OM and CQ zones are incomplete again.

I have hundreds of LOTW confirmed digital contacts on 15 meters.

Below is my LOTW digital WAS.

So for some reason my missing zones seem to be related to my Log4OM source.

Michael Black

You sure you have it checked in the scan?

Inline image

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, April 11, 2020, 02:19:10 PM CDT, Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...> wrote:

As a test  I downloaded an ADIF file from QRZ.com and the CQ zones seem fine when I changed logging in JTAlert to ADIF logging instead of Log4OM.

I tried an ADIF from Log4OM and CQ zones are incomplete again.

I have hundreds of LOTW confirmed digital contacts on 15 meters.

Below is my LOTW digital WAS.

So for some reason my missing zones seem to be related to my Log4OM source.

Rich McCabe

As I said when I switch to ADIF logging its fine. But when I use LOG4OM logging it is missing zones.

And yes, its checked

Jim

scan well not pick it up. You have to manually uncheck it.
--
Jim Sherwood, N4UOZ

On 4/11/2020 1:14 PM, Rich McCabe wrote:
Trying to figure out why I keeping getting alerted that I have a needed CQ zone.

It shows I need zone 4 on 15 meters when I do not. I have LOTW digital confirmation on 15 meters for all states so that should cover zone several times over.

What am I missing?

Running Log4OM so scanning that database. Just did a scan log and rebuild and no change.

Rich
kd0zv

Rich McCabe

Why is that Jim?  Scan should work as it does for everything else

Rich McCabe

I am going to work with the guys at Log4OM at this point.

Appears that Log4OM has 99% of my contacts in the US listed as Zone 5.

99% of the Zone 4 contacts are VEs.

After sorting in Excel I only ended up with 50 LOTW confirmed zone 4 contacts and none of them on 15 meters.

So not a JTAlert issue.

Carry on :)

73,

Rich
kd0zv

Jim

It does not work here for zones or states, only for DX.  I manually do states and zones. Maybe I have it set wrong.
--
Jim Sherwood, N4UOZ
On 4/11/2020 3:41 PM, Rich McCabe wrote:

Why is that Jim?  Scan should work as it does for everything else

Rich McCabe

Hi Jim,

Mine works for states for sure and used to work for zones :)

I think it still does but have some Log4OM issues

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/04/2020 4:14 am, Rich McCabe wrote:
Trying to figure out why I keeping getting alerted that I have a needed CQ zone.

It shows I need zone 4 on 15 meters when I do not. I have LOTW digital confirmation on 15 meters for all states so that should cover zone several times over.

What am I missing?

Running Log4OM so scanning that database. Just did a scan log and rebuild and no change.

Rich
kd0zv
Rich,

I know you have identified the problem, your Log4OM2 log. I just wanted to comment officially. The CQ Zone scan doesn't know or care about your WAS standings, it simply examines the log looking for records that have a Zone recorded and have a QSL confirmation type matching what you have set for the scan.

Typically, there are two causes of a scan not finding suitable records. 1. they simply don't exist in the log or 2. they exist in the log but none with the required confirmations (eg. requiring LoTW confirmation but the log not containing any LoTW QSL data). In your case, it was number 1, no zone 4 QSOs on 15m.

Whenever a scan fails to find entries that your certain it should, the only solution is to do a manual investigation of the log. Which you have done and found the Log4OM2 defect.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rich McCabe

Hey Laurie, thanks for response.

This issue is Log4om's import function. By default it has option to apply quality check corrections. In my case and a couple other guys I have helped,  this "quality correction" is changing most if not all Zone 4 contacts in the US to Zone 5 and only leaving the Canadian zone 4s.

I recently built a new PC, setup Log4om again and imported the ADI file. When I did JTalert started alerting me that I needed Zone 4 contacts.

The only reason I mentioned WAS was because I was trying to make the point that if I have LOTW confirmed WAS on most bands I certainly do not need the largest Zone 4.

Rich