locked Audio Alerts Delayed

John Petrocelli

Hello,

   I continue to notice that in some instances, the audio alerts (EG. CQ & Own Call) can be delayed for up to 10 seconds.

   The decoded callsigns are populated quickly and display status colors promptly, so it seems to not be related to this.

   I have tried several different variations including only running WSJT-X & JTAlert -- no other activities or programs running.

   I have also turned off Band Activity display AND even elevated the process priority to "Above Normal" and "High"

  My environment:
    Win 7  x64 with 8GB RAM with a 1TB HDD
   I use only ADIF logging
   There are about 108,000 records in the ADIF file that is read at startup

Has anyone else seen this behavior ???

Suggestions are welcome !
--

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

What version are you running?  I had reported this problem before....so if you are running the latest 2.16.4 Laurie added some debug to find out what's going on.

Turn on Settings/Enable Debug Recording -- duplicate the problem and note the time it occurs and send in the bug report via Help/Contact Support

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 11:16:16 AM CDT, John Petrocelli via groups.io <jrpetro@...> wrote:

[...]

Don Hill AA5AU

I have the same problem on what seems like frequent occasion. Rebooting the
PC seems to fix it. Seems to have just started in the last update or two.
Audio alerts can be as much as 10 seconds delayed. Restarting WSJT-X and/or
JTAlert does not fix it. I'm running 2.16.3.

I will run debug next time it happens.

Don AA5AU

John Petrocelli

Thanks Mike,

   I shall do so the next time it manifests itself.

   I am running the latest version.

   I also turned off the Decodes History as that seems to have a lag of its own.

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 4/9/2020 4:21 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:

[...]

jushamn@...

I'm getting the same problem. Restarting the computer helps temporarily, but problem returns after about 1/2 hour of running. I'll turn on the Debug Recording next time I'm on the air.

John Petrocelli

Hello,

   I am attaching the debug information.
   The audio delay manifested itself at approximately 1954 Z and then self-cleared around 1958 Z.
   Note that my computer uses GMT at all times.

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com

On 11/04/2020 6:10 am, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:
   I am attaching the debug information.
   The audio delay manifested itself at approximately 1954 Z and then self-cleared around 1958 Z.
   Note that my computer uses GMT at all times.
John,

Sorry, those files are not adequate. You need to use the Contact Support link as that will ensure all the debug and session files, along with your config  file (to facilitate fault replication testing), are sent to me for analysis.

With this particular issue there is no need to have debug recording enabled as the necessary files are created and updated regardless of that setting, plus having debug recording enabled will have a detrimental impact on JTAlert performance.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Petrocelli

Laurie,

   OK and thank you for the reply.

   Next time the issue shows up, I shall follow the instructions as you have outlined.

   I shall also endeavor to note the times, both start and end, of the audio delay.
   As noted, the population of the callsigns on the main window is prompt. It is only the audio alerts that periodically have the delay

73
John - WA2HIP
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
Primary Home Page: