Topics

locked Request Elmer for new JTAlert, HRD build #FT8 #HRD

John

I have been off-line since Feb 2018 earning a new license in a new country, now Intermediate TI4JWC.
Much has changed in 2.5 years. I am having problems getting a working configuration. I have had to build up an old laptop as my primary  3.2 Gig PC has bad audio driver problems. 1.8 Gig laptop has current Windows 10 pro, Radio is Genesis G11 SDR connected to PI SDR pro USB- Ethernet interface to Power SDR 2.5.3 ext 4.8.6. I am using the  current software  HRD 6.7.0.275, JTAlert 2.16.4, WSJT-X 2.1.0, DDUtil 4.0.1.09. Side items, VAC 4.62,VPS Manager 1.0.3.01.

Back in 2018 it was JT65 and JT9. Just now I have read the FT8 users guide. I have tried only two QSOs bit I am not able to get all the logging I need. HRD, LOTW, eQSL, QRZ. I have been following all the rapid FT4 updates just to keep software current but plan to stay with FT8. Even this is testing my brain as I near 70 my quick term memory is fading. I was hoping to read the WIKI here but find it is not developed. As near as I can tell I have about 300 options that need to be correct before all is in alignment. All help will be appreciated. If this is not the correct forum for this conversation I can go DM at N0URE  at ya   hoooo dot you-know.

John
TI4JWC

Ham Radio

Edited

Crawl before you walk.

Start by getting WSJT-X  working.  There is excellent docs produced for this package.

WSJT-X produces an ADIF log.   Master that system well.

Next,  get HRD logging from WSJT-X  directly — that is the next milestone.

Finally insert JTAlert into the logging path.

Take it in  small steps and ask for help in the various forums.

Be very specific about your question and you will get plenty of help.

Good luck and enjoy!

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF

neil_zampella

You forgot one step ... if you want JTAlert to update HRD, turn off direct updates from WSJT-X, or else you'll get duplicate entries.

Neil, KN3ILZ

John

OK. I have backed up to step three. I have good adif file in WSJT-X. I did an inport to HRD Logbook. Looks OK. When I tried to Uploat LOTW I got errors. I have
scheduled the Log file for printing.

Neil, What setting do I change in WSJT-X so that I don't get double entries in HRD Logbook?

John

John

I got the LOTW update working with a new Password. I now need to see how to update eQSL from an Import. Import is not an ADD that is automatic update.

John
TI4JWC

neil_zampella

John,

I believe its a setting in HRD Log.   Make sure that its not setup to 'listen' for the UDP broadcasts.  Can't tell you where to look, but having this on is the number one cause of duplicate entries.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 04:52 PM, John wrote:

Neil, What setting do I change in WSJT-X so that I don't get double entries in HRD Logbook?

John

WB8ASI Herb

WSJTX and JTAlert will both send you a log entry.  You need to shut one of them off. 73, Herb WB8ASI

On April 9, 2020 at 10:50 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

John,

I believe its a setting in HRD Log.   Make sure that its not setup to 'listen' for the UDP broadcasts.  Can't tell you where to look, but having this on is the number one cause of duplicate entries.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 04:52 PM, John wrote:

Neil, What setting do I change in WSJT-X so that I don't get double entries in HRD Logbook?

John

John

Neil, are those UDP ports the same that JTAlert use to communitate with HRD?
 How does JTAlert communicate with WSJT-X  and HRD Logbook?
Is there a document for setting JTAlert to work with HRD?

John
TI4JWC

neil_zampella

Neil, are those UDP ports the same that JTAlert use to communitate with HRD?
 How does JTAlert communicate with WSJT-X  and HRD Logbook?
Is there a document for setting JTAlert to work with HRD?

John
TI4JWC

JTAlert does NOT use UDP to communicate to HRD Log ... there is a separate programmatic 'hook' that is used.   As far as a document for HRD and JTAlert, the JTAlert HELP file in v 2.16.4 has a new area for the latest version of HRD Logger setup.   Look for HRD 6.7.0.269, JTAlert Settings in the HELP index.   There is no need to have HRD Logger connect to WSJT-X so turn any settings that does that off.

Neil, KN3ILZ

John

Yes Neil, I saw those updates for both HRD and JTAlert. I made the changes even if they were FT4 and I am using FT8. I just wanted to be current.
I am having intermitent loging to HRD and will try to find the cause in the HRD and JTAlert log files.

John
TI4JWC

neil_zampella

Are these 'intermittent' times actually logging, or are you not getting a confirmation?

Neil, KN3ILZ

John

Again today I had 14 QSO loged in WSJT-X . I marked the "OK to log" and only got the HRD logged pop-up for 6 of those.
I was seeing that there were no calls displayed in the JTAlert window when the problem occures.
What could cause communications between WSJT-X and JTAlert to be intermittent?

Dave Garber

perhaps you could include version numbers of all three, to confirm you are current.

make sure wsjt is sending udp on 2237, and the 3 boxes are checked

do you get an error when it does not log???  you should, suggesting maybe the key click to log diod not happen as thought

just things to check and recheck

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE