locked New to FT8 and JTAlert

VE3JI

Hi all

I have been using WSJT-X for about 2 weeks ... all with no problems.  Decided I need better contact tracking / logging which JTA has.  I have downloaded it .. including the the call sign database .. installed it and it all seems to work ... I have DXKeeper running with JTA and all QSOs log to WSJT-X and DXKeeper .. no problem. I ran the Scan and Rebuild process for everything and it seemed that there was no errors and applied it.  When i look to see what DXCC ... Zones ETC i have worked it tell me that i have not worked any of them.

i have i missed a step in connecting the previous logged items in either WSJT-X or from DX Keeper

thanks in advance

Ian VE3JI

g4wjs

On 08/04/2020 16:52, VE3JI wrote:
Hi all

I have been using WSJT-X for about 2 weeks ... all with no problems.  Decided I need better contact tracking / logging which JTA has.  I have downloaded it .. including the the call sign database .. installed it and it all seems to work ... I have DXKeeper running with JTA and all QSOs log to WSJT-X and DXKeeper .. no problem. I ran the Scan and Rebuild process for everything and it seemed that there was no errors and applied it.  When i look to see what DXCC ... Zones ETC i have worked it tell me that i have not worked any of them.

i have i missed a step in connecting the previous logged items in either WSJT-X or from DX Keeper

thanks in advance

Ian VE3JI
Hi Ian,

you would normally review your award progress and goals using DXKeeper. Are you uploading your completed QSOs to LoTW and eQSL, and synchronizing matches with QSO partners in DXKeeper?

JTAlert scans your log, in this case DXKeeper, to update its internal lists of things worked and confirmed so it can highlight decodes of stations you might wish to work.

Bill
G4WJS.

VE3JI

Thanks Bill ... this was VERY helpful.  I now understand this feature ... I have eQSL all synced up and reconfigured DXKeeper to work correctly ... next up is to add the US states to the log records before I started with JTA ... then update LoTW

thanks again ... be safe

73, Ian VE3JI

Walt Flesher, W6SA

Pretty much as Bill said.

If you are looking at JTAlert to see DXCC worked, etc then:

Perhaps you did not click SAVE on the JTAlert screen where you selected Scan and Rebuild Log after Applying to your log.

I have always first selected Sync LOTW QSOs & QSLs on the QSL screen of DXKeeper before running SCAN & REBUILD in JTAlert.
Otherwise JTAlert will not pick up the updated log status.

If the states you have worked are already in DXKeeper then the Scan & Rebuild should pick them up after you have synced with LOTW.

73  Walt - W6SA

You MUST select SAVE to have this applied to JTAlert after the Scan & Rebuild otherwise it does not update the JTAlert stats.

VE3JI

Thanks Walt ... I have only synced with eQSL right now .... LoTW is next ... I assume that no QSL statuses are update from eQSL ...only LoTW ??

Is there a way to have the coloured box in JTA that shows you have worked a country (pending) but it is not confirmed and a different one to show that it is confirmed ?

73 Ian, VE3JI

Walt Flesher, W6SA

If I understand the "No QSL statuses" you are referring to I believe that would be eQSL.

If there is a color change option I have not seen it.  Will have to look into that.

73 Walt - W6SA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/04/2020 5:48 am, W6SA wrote:
If I understand the "No QSL statuses" you are referring to I believe that would be eQSL.

A No QSL confirmation setting instructs JTAlert to consider ALL QSOs in the log regardless of their QSL received status. That is, JTAlert will consider any worked station for Alerting and progress display. It has nothing to do with eQSL.

de Laurie VK3AMA

efortner <efortner@...>

Hi Walt,

Well I can see where that is confusing. The contact was with C6AKQ and K4KAY on 12 meters CW November 25, 20 13 at 18:33. It is in my log and I sent a card  but never got one in return.

I looked C6AKQ up on QRZ and it listed the call in Burmuda held by Bob Patten in Fla with page managed by N4BP. I don’t do eqsl. It’s been a while and it was a shot in the dark looking for

A confirmation as I don’t have one on Burmuda on 12 meters. Thanks for your efforts. Don’t understand how this ended up on hamapps and jtalerts ft8 group.

73, de Earl, K4KAY