locked Windows Defender False Positive.

Chuck Kraly K0XM

Laurie,
I submitted JTAlert to the Windows Defender team so it quits showing up as a virus. I had to do this wil N0GSG Contact Manager, and sorry it took this long to submit it. Hope this helps.
Chuck K0XM

Chuck Kraly K0XM

Submission details Refresh

jtalert.2.16.4.setup.exe

Submission ID: 409a43a6-d76c-4a4e-9d1c-677870944ce6

Submitted by:

Submitted: Apr 7, 2020 3:53:11 AM

User Opinion: Incorrect detection

Analyst comments:

We have removed the detection. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions. 1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender 2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures” 3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate" Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Click here for more information

Good job Chuck.

With other packages such Malwarebytes, you can configure white lists for files or entire directories.

Check you anti-virus vendor’s documentation if you are still experiencing false positives.
--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF