locked Marathon (Alert and management)

f6gcp

Hi,
I have enabled in past weeks the Marathon alert to track dxcc for 2020.
However, I struggle to understand how it works
Example : I worked ZD8SC already 2 times from 01/01/2020. (80 and 30m). ZD8SC showed up on 60m, so new dxcc for me (not only Marathon)
I worked him, and even the qso is logged (DXlab suite), it continue to be reported as "new marathon" even marked as B4 on call signs display line!
Looking to the "info" (mouse over "zd8sc" call), it is reported as new marathon and new dxcc (2 lines).
Disabling "Marathon" alert, ZD8SC is no longer reported as "new dxcc"

it is the same for all stations I worked recently (XV1X, 9M6...).
Currently, I have "219 not wanted", 167 as wanted, and ZD8 Ascension island is still in "wanted" (tracking = all bands, any mode // tracking "by individuals = all bands unselected")

I have
- re-scan DXLab log
- re-import all JTDX QSO (from adif)
- ZD8SC is in the DBase (rebuilt from JTDX Adif)

Any idea ? I am probably doing Something wrong..

73 - Pat

f6gcp

Hi

any support?
just worked for the first time in 2020 3A Monaco. Logged… JTalert continues to report "new Marathon"!
What's wrong ?

73 - P@t

neil_zampella

Edited

Was it confirmed?  Need more information to make any suggestions?

Neil, KN3ILZ

f6gcp

Hi,

On the basis,, for marathon, you don't need to have qsl. The qso is enough.
But you may be right:
I do not have confirmation of ZD8, 3A, XV (and so on) for year 2020 qso.

On the other side, as I wrote, I worked ZD8SC, and after the qso, JTalert continue to report as "new marathon" which is not true as qso is already made with that station on same bande/mode...
This is same for any others

It sounds that, at a certain point (when, how, why?), JTAlert is not updating the statistic for Marathon.

Tell me which info you need. Thanks
73 - P@t

f6gcp

Hi
looking again JTalert settings, for an unkown reason, the "no qsl confirmation" was no longer tagged… I changed it back to "normal" (ie = no qsl required)
I don't think that I have changed that setting at any time…
Let see if it solves the issue (I will rescan the log to confirm score difference)
73 - P@t

f6gcp

Edited

Hi, some updates, but still not working properly

1/ Scan log : Wanted CQ Marathon : no qsl confirmation
2/ rescan log : many updates (so now, log is ok)
3/ TG9 reported as alert : correct, not worked (and this station not worked b4 on that band) : so QSO is performed, log updated
Issue : TG9 is now in the log, JTalert continues to report as "new marathon", even that station is marked as B4
Looking to country list, TG9 is not tagged as worked

So it seems that Marathon wanted country list is not updated in real time

I had to rescan log to have TG9 as "not wanted"

What is wrong in my settings?

Thanks 73

Jim N6VH

On 4/14/2020 2:00 AM, f6gcp wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi, some updates, but still not working properly

1/ Scan log : Wanted CQ Marathon : no qsl confirmation
2/ rescan log : many updates (so now, log is ok)
3/ TG9 reported as alert : correct, not worked (and this station not worked b4 on that band) : so QSO is performed, log updated
Issue : TG9 is now in the log, JTalert continues to report as "new marathon", even that station is marked as B4
Looking to country list, TG9 is not tagged as worked

So it seems that Marathon wanted country list is not updated in real time

I had to rescan log to have TG9 as "not wanted"

What is wrong in my settings?

Thanks 73
_._,_._,_

That is the way it is supposed to work. There is nothing wrong with your settings. JTAlert won't know you have worked the station until you re-scan  the log, even though it passed the QSO info to your log.

73,

Jim N6VH

Chad Kurszewski

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 09:55 AM, Jim N6VH wrote:
JTAlert won't know you have worked the station
If that's true, then how does JTAlert know to mark the station as B4, as mentioned, without rescanning the log?

73, Chad WE9V

g4wjs

Edited

On 14/04/2020 19:09, Chad Kurszewski wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 09:55 AM, Jim N6VH wrote:
JTAlert won't know you have worked the station
If that's true, then how does JTAlert know to mark the station as B4, as mentioned, without rescanning the log?

73, Chad WE9V

Hi Chad,

worked before counting is easy, JTAlert scans the specified log on startup and keeps an internal record to which newly worked stations are added on the fly. Other stats are more complex because external confirmations are usually required, i.e. LoTW and eQSL AG, so to update those stats JTAlert must be told to scan for them when they are ready, i.e. after fetching external confirmations you must run Scan log and update.

Bill
G4WJS.

Chad Kurszewski

Fair enough Bill, but Marathon does not require confirmations, only to be worked.

Chad WE9V

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/04/2020 11:07 am, Chad Kurszewski wrote:
but Marathon does not require confirmations, only to be worked.

Chad WE9V
That's true, but JTAlert requires that for all alert types a Log Scan is performed (or manual changes made) to remove needed entities from the Alert lists. The Marathon Alert uses the same cod functions as all the other Alert types and thus requires a Scan Log to be performed.

It is on the todo list to automatically remove an entity form the lists after simply working a station (no QSL confirmation), but implementation is not imminent.

The problem with automatic removal of an entity after working is that that entity will no longer be alerted and if it is a particularly rare one you may miss an opportunity to work another and ensure a future QSL. I know this does not apply to the Marathon, but like I said, that alert shares all the base functionality of the other Alerts and is unlikely to be changed anytime soon.

de Laurie VK3AMA

f6gcp

Hi,
very clear, no problem.So I will perform scan more often to synchronised Log vs alert (I also work CW for about 40-50% of QSOs)
This is in fact the first year I enable Marathon alert. (I did lately in dec. 2019, but very limited alerts so I did not pay attention a lot)

Best 73 and thanks for great software and support

Stay Safe