Topics

locked JTALERT Text is not working with TCP error

Komkit Listisard

Today I noticed my text msg was not working, I do not see anyone with the line under their callsigns.  And everyone seem to be OFFLINE to me.  I called a friend of mine, he noticed the same.

Looking around the settings under TCP/IP Network Ports, I see the following error.  Was it something on my end?  I tried different ports, all failed the same.

TCP Port (for Text Messages) TCP Connect FAIL : Error=10060 when I run the "test"

73, Kit W3KIT

WB8ASI Herb

I just tried it, and got the same thing. Herb WB8ASI

On April 3, 2020 at 7:43 PM "Komkit Listisard via groups.io" <w3kit@...> wrote:

Today I noticed my text msg was not working, I do not see anyone with the line under their callsigns.  And everyone seem to be OFFLINE to me.  I called a friend of mine, he noticed the same.

Looking around the settings under TCP/IP Network Ports, I see the following error.  Was it something on my end?  I tried different ports, all failed the same.

TCP Port (for Text Messages) TCP Connect FAIL : Error=10060 when I run the "test"

73, Kit W3KIT

Willi Passmann

I just got a text message from an OM who is displayed as "Offline".
So the offline indicator seems to be unreliable.

I did the tests available under Web Services -> TCP/IP Network Ports and
all show "OK".

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ

Am 04.04.2020 um 01:43 schrieb Komkit Listisard via groups.io:

Today I noticed my text msg was not working, I do not see anyone with the line under their callsigns.  And everyone seem to be OFFLINE to me.  I called a friend of mine, he noticed the same.

Looking around the settings under TCP/IP Network Ports, I see the following error.  Was it something on my end?  I tried different ports, all failed the same.

TCP Port (for Text Messages) TCP Connect FAIL : Error=10060 when I run the "test"

73, Kit W3KIT

Komkit Listisard

Got up this morning everything is back to normal.  Text msg once again is working.  Not more TCP/IP port error.

73, Kit W3KIT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/04/2020 3:39 am, Willi Passmann wrote:
I just got a text message from an OM who is displayed as "Offline".
So the offline indicator seems to be unreliable.
The online-status of a callsign is a cached value, updated once every 5 minutes. This is to avoid JTAlert performing a status check every period for all callsigns decoded. Likely the OM had only come online for text messages recently and you still had an old offline status cached in JTAlert.

The easiest way to test if the online indicator is working is to test your own callsign. Sending a message to your self will additionally test that the messaging service is working.

de Laurie VK3AMA