Topics

locked JTAlert 2.16.3 build 0002 #HRD

WarrenG KC0GU

Laurie,

JTAlert 2.16.3 build 0002 did the trick, thank you very much.  HRD and JTAlert now happily coexist and B4 custom colors are as they were.

73,

Warren
KC0GU

Ham Radio

I am having a configuration issue with WSJT-X v2.1.2, JTAlert 2.16.3.beta 002 and HRD 6.7.0.269 logging FT4.

WSJT-X logs directly into HRD with no problem with the correct Mode (MFSK) and Submode  (FT4) in HRD

WSJT-X along with JTAlert running at the same time results Mode being FT4 and Submode being blank when logging the FT4 contact. The alert box indicates Mode being FT4.

I am using UDP port 2237 in WSJT-X and HRD. I have the correct check box set in JTAlert for HRD 6.7.0.269

I am doing something wrong here but no idea what is wrong.

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF

Gavin Bennett

Hi Bernie

Experiencing same issue, have reported to Laurie. My response is in moderation as I replied to his locked message.

73

Gavin, ZL3GAV

Monty Wilson

It sounds like you are set up to send logs from both WSJT-X and JTALERT to HRD.  You need to turn one of them off.  If you using WSJT-X to send your contacts to HRD logging, then you do not need to the beta version of JTALERT since his fix was for those that use JTALERT for logging.

Monty, NR0A

Jwilson16@...

I am having a configuration issue with WSJT-X v2.1.2, JTAlert 2.16.3.beta 002 and HRD 6.7.0.269 logging FT4.

WSJT-X logs directly into HRD with no problem with the correct Mode (MFSK) and Submode  (FT4) in HRD

WSJT-X along with JTAlert running at the same time results Mode being FT4 and Submode being blank when logging the FT4 contact. The alert box indicates Mode being FT4.

I am using UDP port 2237 in WSJT-X and HRD. I have the correct check box set in JTAlert for HRD 6.7.0.269

I am doing something wrong here but no idea what is wrong.

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF

Ham Radio

It looks like a Mode mapping issue in JTAlert.  Laurie, if you need a trace log, please let me know.
--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/04/2020 12:59 pm, Ham Radio wrote:
I am having a configuration issue with WSJT-X v2.1.2, JTAlert 2.16.3.beta 002 and HRD 6.7.0.269 logging FT4.

WSJT-X logs directly into HRD with no problem with the correct Mode (MFSK) and Submode  (FT4) in HRD

WSJT-X along with JTAlert running at the same time results Mode being FT4 and Submode being blank when logging the FT4 contact. The alert box indicates Mode being FT4.

I am using UDP port 2237 in WSJT-X and HRD. I have the correct check box set in JTAlert for HRD 6.7.0.269

I am doing something wrong here but no idea what is wrong.

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF

If JTAlert is logging as Mode=FT4, then you have not followed all the instructions provided by HRD when they first released 6.7.0.269 and you needed to update your log.

You have changed your HRD log to be ADIF 3.1.0 compliant when logging FT4 QSOs but have failed to tell JTAlert to log the QSOs as such.

You need to enable the "Log FT4 as ADIF 3.1.0..." setting in JTAlert, Logging section, scroll down to the bottom.

Any FT4 mode QSOs already logged you will need to manually modify to MODE=MFSK, SUBMODE=FT4

On 4/04/2020 1:15 pm, Gavin Bennett wrote:

Experiencing same issue, have reported to Laurie. My response is in moderation as I replied to his locked message.

73

Gavin, ZL3GAV
I don't see any waiting moderation message from you.

This issue is easily resolved by telling JTAlert it needs to log ADIF 3.1.0 compliant FT4 now that your HRD log has been made compliant.

see https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/28940

On 4/04/2020 1:38 pm, Ham Radio wrote:
It looks like a Mode mapping issue in JTAlert.  Laurie, if you need a trace log, please let me know.
--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF
No need.

I have already provided the answer here
https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/28940

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gavin Bennett

Edited

Hi Laurie

Must have disappeared into the ether, I replied to your locked post.

They have introduced a number of issues for third party apps! Note second para, this from Mike at HRD

Regards

Gavin

ZL3GAV

On 4/04/2020 1:15 pm, Gavin Bennett wrote:

Experiencing same issue, have reported to Laurie. My response is in moderation as I replied to his locked message.

73

Gavin, ZL3GAV

I don't see any waiting moderation message from you.

This issue is easily resolved by telling JTAlert it needs to log ADIF 3.1.0 compliant FT4 now that your HRD log has been made compliant.

see https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/28940

de Laurie VK3AMA

peter nn

Laurie,
ave also the HD .269 and Jtalert .2.16.3 build 2 working together ok........

Only notices that the propagation details are now not transferred into HRD  .... don't know if it is in hrd or jtalert   as i both have upgraded.....last seen 1 april...

Any clue,  73 Peter PC1Y

Ham Radio

Thank you Laurie for the info.  RTFM, oh dear!

Now need to figure why some fields such as Name are not being updated by HRD when logging QSO. Same problem as PC1Y.

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF