locked JT Alert and HRD


Al Bailey (K8SIX)
 

I recently updated WSJT-X and also JT Alert. All worked well but now when I try to log a QSO I get a ODBC DSN error and it will not log the Q. I downloaded the 2007 Runtime and it still does not work. It is as though it is not getting the data from HRD. Possibly I need to change  the UDP settings???

Hope somebody can help as I am lost. :(  


Shawn Johnson <scooter79geo@...>
 

Make sure your HRD Logbook Database is Selected within JTAlert for your logbook and that the correct HRD is Checked weather it is 5 or 6 you are using.


On Friday, December 1, 2017, 10:56:11 AM EST, Al Bailey (K8SIX) <k8six@...> wrote:


I recently updated WSJT-X and also JT Alert. All worked well but now when I try to log a QSO I get a ODBC DSN error and it will not log the Q. I downloaded the 2007 Runtime and it still does not work. It is as though it is not getting the data from HRD. Possibly I need to change  the UDP settings???

Hope somebody can help as I am lost. :(  


Bill Renick
 

Mine does the same, not sure if hrd & Jt alert are able to work together to log QSO's anymore . Worked fine this spring then boom they quit working. I have the latest versions of both programs but JT alert refuses to use the hrd logbook. If anyone has a fix please share. Was a great program until they had the issues with HRD. 

De W8BLR
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 10:56 AM, Al Bailey (K8SIX) <k8six@...> wrote:

I recently updated WSJT-X and also JT Alert. All worked well but now when I try to log a QSO I get a ODBC DSN error and it will not log the Q. I downloaded the 2007 Runtime and it still does not work. It is as though it is not getting the data from HRD. Possibly I need to change  the UDP settings???

Hope somebody can help as I am lost. :(  


Dave Garber
 

latest HRD ( 6.4??)   jtalert 2.10.4 and wsjt1.8.0 are working here




Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io <W8BLR@...> wrote:
Mine does the same, not sure if hrd & Jt alert are able to work together to log QSO's anymore . Worked fine this spring then boom they quit working. I have the latest versions of both programs but JT alert refuses to use the hrd logbook. If anyone has a fix please share. Was a great program until they had the issues with HRD. 

De W8BLR
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 10:56 AM, Al Bailey (K8SIX) <k8six@...> wrote:

I recently updated WSJT-X and also JT Alert. All worked well but now when I try to log a QSO I get a ODBC DSN error and it will not log the Q. I downloaded the 2007 Runtime and it still does not work. It is as though it is not getting the data from HRD. Possibly I need to change  the UDP settings???

Hope somebody can help as I am lost. :(  



Bill Renick
 

My hrd version is 6.4.0.787 works with jtalert and wsjt-X , however, does not work with hrd logbook. I select "my logbook" in settings, apply, then save but when I come out of settings JT alert says no log selected. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 and AVG. Had worked perfectly, prior to upgrades this past spring. 


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 5:04 PM, Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:

latest HRD ( 6.4??)   jtalert 2.10.4 and wsjt1.8.0 are working here




Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io <W8BLR@...> wrote:
Mine does the same, not sure if hrd & Jt alert are able to work together to log QSO's anymore . Worked fine this spring then boom they quit working. I have the latest versions of both programs but JT alert refuses to use the hrd logbook. If anyone has a fix please share. Was a great program until they had the issues with HRD. 

De W8BLR
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 10:56 AM, Al Bailey (K8SIX) <k8six@...> wrote:

I recently updated WSJT-X and also JT Alert. All worked well but now when I try to log a QSO I get a ODBC DSN error and it will not log the Q. I downloaded the 2007 Runtime and it still does not work. It is as though it is not getting the data from HRD. Possibly I need to change  the UDP settings???

Hope somebody can help as I am lost. :(  



ZF1RC Roger
 

JTAlertX version 2.10.5 and HRD version 6.4.0.787 and WSJT-X 1.8 are all working together without hiccup.

73  Roger ZF1RC


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 2/12/2017 1:24 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io wrote:
My hrd version is 6.4.0.787 works with jtalert and wsjt-X , however, does not work with hrd logbook. I select "my logbook" in settings, apply, then save but when I come out of settings JT alert says no log selected. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 and AVG. Had worked perfectly, prior to upgrades this past spring. 
Sounds like your config file has become corrupt and not retaining any changes.
JTAlert maintains backups of the config.sqlite file (up to 7 days worth) so you should be able to recover by restoring one of the backups.
Do the following...
  1. Stop JTAlert
  2. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory...
    %localappdata%\HamApps\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\config\JTAlertX\
  3. You will see several files with a utc data/time as part of the filename. These are the backups and the data/time was when they were created.
  4. Delete the config.sqlite file.
  5. Rename one of the backup files to config.sqlite, choose a file that was created prior to you experiencing the Settings save problem.
  6. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and make a simple change.
  7. Close the Settings and JTAlert.
  8. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and check if the change made in step 6 is still set.
  9. If the change wasn't remembered, repeat steps 4 to 8, using an older backup.
  10. If none of the backups correct the problem, then the only option is to delete the config.sqlite file and start JTAlert without that file. It will be automatically created and you will need to re-enter your Settings and run a Scan Log to update your Wanted Lists.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Bill Renick
 

Thanks Laurie for the detailed instructions! I will try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 9:47 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 2/12/2017 1:24 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io wrote:
My hrd version is 6.4.0.787 works with jtalert and wsjt-X , however, does not work with hrd logbook. I select "my logbook" in settings, apply, then save but when I come out of settings JT alert says no log selected. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 and AVG. Had worked perfectly, prior to upgrades this past spring. 
Sounds like your config file has become corrupt and not retaining any changes.
JTAlert maintains backups of the config.sqlite file (up to 7 days worth) so you should be able to recover by restoring one of the backups.
Do the following...
  1. Stop JTAlert
  2. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory...
    %localappdata%\HamApps\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\config\JTAlertX\
  3. You will see several files with a utc data/time as part of the filename. These are the backups and the data/time was when they were created.
  4. Delete the config.sqlite file.
  5. Rename one of the backup files to config.sqlite, choose a file that was created prior to you experiencing the Settings save problem.
  6. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and make a simple change.
  7. Close the Settings and JTAlert.
  8. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and check if the change made in step 6 is still set.
  9. If the change wasn't remembered, repeat steps 4 to 8, using an older backup.
  10. If none of the backups correct the problem, then the only option is to delete the config.sqlite file and start JTAlert without that file. It will be automatically created and you will need to re-enter your Settings and run a Scan Log to update your Wanted Lists.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Al Bailey (K8SIX)
 

Shawn my logbook does not show up. I have a logbook called Satellite which shows but my K8SIX Logbook does not show for me to select. I think that is my problem but don't know how to get it into the dropdown???


Tom Melvin
 

I don’t use HRD V6 just the older V5 version - however from comments other users made a couple of months ago, it seems to do with setting the default log for HDB and notes from that thread is below:


GM Laurie..
I believe you are right.  HRD was 6.4.078.
When I made a new log, the HRD log manager did not make the new log the default.  It seems that the action of moving the log entry to the top of the list in HRD DB manager pane is how set the update to the xml file.  I found this same action on another part of HRD in setting the default "Award" view... I had to move "ARRL WAS" to the top to make it the default.
Before I discovered this, I found that the log selection control in JTAlert would not accept typed input, and the spinner to open the list would only show the last log, not a list of choices.  I expect that typed input is restricted in favor of making a selection from the list...OK. 
After changing HRD to default on my new log, "FT8",  FT8 appeared in the JTALert log control, and still no list of logs was in the expansion of the list.  All the appropriate info for the new log was in the fields, and a rescan of the DB/log put all well.
BTW, I now have 4 different log views in HRD after making the last one.
This info is just to add detail to the HRD actions, and perhaps give a fix to someone else who gets into the same situation.  And to give a bit of info to you about HRD...

Thanks for all, 
Mike, NE4S...


From: HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...>
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io 
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Selection of a new HRD log in JTAlert #HRD

On 29/10/2017 6:36 AM, Mike Condon wrote:
A bit of FYI for HRD/JTAlert users. I wanted to make a FT8 only log, so I exported my FT8 Qs to an adif file, and saved them. Then in HRD I made a new FT8 log, an access DB.
I had trouble getting JTAlert to change over from the old DB, it just would not allow a selection for change.
SO... In HRD there is a log/DB manager. In that pane, I found my new log was on the bottom of the selection list... 
Moving it "UP" to the top was what "seemed" to allow JTAlert to find it... then a rescan of the new log, and all is back to usual... Just sharing... NE4S,, Mike

Not a big issue at all, and others may not be seeing it, and I may have done some other silly thing.... But FYI... NE4S, Mike  

Mike,

I assuming your running HRD 6.3 or later.
  1. JTAlert reads the HRD log databases setting file (LogbookDatabases.xml) when it first starts, it doesn't monitor this file looking for changes. 
  2. From you description, it appears that HRDLogbook doesn't update the LogbookDatabases.xml file when you add a new log, so that must be happening when HRDLogbook is closed.
To be sure that JTAlert discovers any newly added HRDLogbook logs, restart HRDLogbook and then restart JTAlert.
Note: Point #2 I cannot confirm as I don't own a copy of HRD to test.
de Laurie VK3AMA
    



Shawn my logbook does not show up. I have a logbook called Satellite which shows but my K8SIX Logbook does not show for me to select. I think that is my problem but don't know how to get it into the dropdown???


Shawn Johnson <scooter79geo@...>
 

Good Morning, The problem is the Default logbook as your other is the default as why it shows and not the one you want. Possibly not have the database is not associated with the other logbook.   In Logbook then > configure>Logbook Display>Databases
this should show your logbooks. You may need to make window larger to see full content.. but move the one you want to use to the top and highlight it click modify and advanced and make sure you select HRD-Logbook Access is selected for that logbook. Restart logbook  then back to JT Alert and go to the HRD Settings and see if it is in the database now..  Regards..Shawn KU0D 

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎December‎ ‎2‎, ‎2017‎ ‎02‎:‎16‎:‎06‎ ‎AM, Al Bailey (K8SIX) <k8six@...> wrote:


Shawn my logbook does not show up. I have a logbook called Satellite which shows but my K8SIX Logbook does not show for me to select. I think that is my problem but don't know how to get it into the dropdown???


Bill Renick
 

I followed the directions below and now everything works just as before with logging to my hrd logbook working again. Thanks for a great program and support below!! I did have to delete the old config.sqlite file and start jtalert again and rescan my logbook but no problems with that. 

Thank you Laurie

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 10:03 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io <W8BLR@...> wrote:

Thanks Laurie for the detailed instructions! I will try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

73,

De W8BLR,  Bill


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 9:47 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 2/12/2017 1:24 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io wrote:
My hrd version is 6.4.0.787 works with jtalert and wsjt-X , however, does not work with hrd logbook. I select "my logbook" in settings, apply, then save but when I come out of settings JT alert says no log selected. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 and AVG. Had worked perfectly, prior to upgrades this past spring. 
Sounds like your config file has become corrupt and not retaining any changes.
JTAlert maintains backups of the config.sqlite file (up to 7 days worth) so you should be able to recover by restoring one of the backups.
Do the following...
  1. Stop JTAlert
  2. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory...
    %localappdata%\HamApps\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\config\JTAlertX\
  3. You will see several files with a utc data/time as part of the filename. These are the backups and the data/time was when they were created.
  4. Delete the config.sqlite file.
  5. Rename one of the backup files to config.sqlite, choose a file that was created prior to you experiencing the Settings save problem.
  6. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and make a simple change.
  7. Close the Settings and JTAlert.
  8. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and check if the change made in step 6 is still set.
  9. If the change wasn't remembered, repeat steps 4 to 8, using an older backup.
  10. If none of the backups correct the problem, then the only option is to delete the config.sqlite file and start JTAlert without that file. It will be automatically created and you will need to re-enter your Settings and run a Scan Log to update your Wanted Lists.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Al Bailey (K8SIX)
 

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 06:45 am, Shawn Johnson wrote:
Good Morning, The problem is the Default logbook as your other is the default as why it shows and not the one you want. Possibly not have the database is not associated with the other logbook.   In Logbook then > configure>Logbook Display>Databases
this should show your logbooks. You may need to make window larger to see full content.. but move the one you want to use to the top and highlight it click modify and advanced and make sure you select HRD-Logbook Access is selected for that logbook. Restart logbook  then back to JT Alert and go to the HRD Settings and see if it is in the database now..  Regards..Shawn KU0D 
That did the trick Shawn. Not sure how it got changed and was not the default though. I'll put this back in the memory bank. HI HI Thanks and 73


Shawn Johnson <scooter79geo@...>
 

Al, Glad it worked For you . I know the HRD can Be Something. .. I'm not quite sure what makes everything tic.. but glad it worked for you.. Regards..



On ‎Saturday‎, ‎December‎ ‎2‎, ‎2017‎ ‎07‎:‎11‎:‎04‎ ‎PM, Al Bailey (K8SIX) <k8six@...> wrote:


On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 06:45 am, Shawn Johnson wrote:
Good Morning, The problem is the Default logbook as your other is the default as why it shows and not the one you want. Possibly not have the database is not associated with the other logbook.   In Logbook then > configure>Logbook Display>Databases
this should show your logbooks. You may need to make window larger to see full content.. but move the one you want to use to the top and highlight it click modify and advanced and make sure you select HRD-Logbook Access is selected for that logbook. Restart logbook  then back to JT Alert and go to the HRD Settings and see if it is in the database now..  Regards..Shawn KU0D 
That did the trick Shawn. Not sure how it got changed and was not the default though. I'll put this back in the memory bank. HI HI Thanks and 73