Topics

locked False Marathon alerts #FT8

David Burden

I keep getting Marathon alerts on 20M for Turkey even though the settings tell me that Turkey is 'not wanted.I have rebuilt by scanning many times. Any thoughts.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/03/2020 5:42 pm, David Burden wrote:
I keep getting Marathon alerts on 20M for Turkey even though the settings tell me that Turkey is 'not wanted.I have rebuilt by scanning many times. Any thoughts.

What Callsign?

There are two Turkeys for the Marathon, AS Turkey and WAE EU Turkey. Perhaps it is triggering the WAE entity.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Burden

Laurie,

Both Turkeys are in the not wanted for 20M i note the call is TC18M - which is a special call.

David Burden

Further - it presents in WSJTX as AS Turkey - but there is no AS Turkey - just Turkey in JT Alert  as far as I can see. WAE Turkey is in JT Alert.

David

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/03/2020 6:19 pm, David Burden wrote:

Both Turkeys are in the not wanted for 20M i note the call is TC18M - which is a special call.

I can't fault JTAlert, it is correctly alerting on WAE European Turkey. Logged a QSO, did a Scan log (any Band, any mode) and the appropriate entries were added to the not needed list. Decoded again on a new band (to avoid the B4 flagging) and JTAlert correctly didn't alert.

I note in your original image the Decodes window was showing a "C" in the Marathon column indicating that it was needed as a new Country for the Marathon.

Are you sure you have
WAE European Turkey set as not needed?

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Burden