locked Title Bar

Greg Yates <gyates@...>

I downloaded new version of JT Alert twice  and  I get no title bar.  What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
Greg, WB2BIN

Jim N6VH

On 3/17/2020 12:43 PM, Greg Yates via Groups.Io wrote:
I downloaded new version of JT Alert twice  and  I get no title bar.  What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
Greg, WB2BIN
_._,_._,_

Greg,

Did you try the JTAlert (AL) shortcut? That might solve the problem.

73,.

Jim N6VH

John

"Did you try the JTAlert (AL) shortcut? That might solve the problem."

What is that and how do you get to it

John

https://www.avg.com

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/03/2020 6:43 am, Greg Yates via Groups.Io wrote:
I downloaded new version of JT Alert twice  and  I get no title bar.  What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
Greg, WB2BIN

From the webpage where you download JTAlert, at the very top...
A number of Windows 10 users, especially with the 1903 update, have experienced missing or misplaced menus and Band Activity display from the JTAlert titlebar or non-responsive minimize and close buttons. An alternate layout build of JTAlert is available to workaround this defect, that at this time has been unreproducible in testing. The "Alt Layout" build of JTAlert uses a conventional placement of the menus below the titlebar.

Switching to the "Alt Layout" build is handled by executing the appropriate shortcut created by the installer. There is no longer a separate installer for the "Alt Layout" build.

You need to use one of the (AL) shortcuts to start JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

I lasted longer than most with the old regular version until finally switching over to the ALT version which now I don't even remember the difference.  Laurie, maybe we only need one version???

On March 17, 2020 at 9:11 PM "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 18/03/2020 6:43 am, Greg Yates via Groups.Io wrote:
I downloaded new version of JT Alert twice  and  I get no title bar.  What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
Greg, WB2BIN

From the webpage where you download JTAlert, at the very top...

On 18/03/2020 12:17 pm, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
I lasted longer than most with the old regular version until finally switching over to the ALT version which now I don't even remember the difference.  Laurie, maybe we only need one version???
Herb,

My thoughts as well, and will avoid the issues with users who fail to read the Webpage, Release Notes, the text of the shortcuts installed or past forum posts.

This has been raised a number of times with the Test Team, but some are reluctant to loose the old version as it increases the amount of vertical space taken up by the GUI.

I am very close to dropping the hammer on the old version (menus in the titlebar), but not likely with the next release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

Good idea Laurie.  Keep it simple.  Nobody will know the difference.  Also I was just about to post a thread of "No Problems", but will say my thanks here.  Can't imagine not using JTAlert....you do a great job.  The last couple days I have trashed my Win7 desktop at my secondary location, and stepped thru the process of getting all my software talking to my Win10 laptop from home.  Now I have it all in the same log with proper grid locations.  LOTW and eQSL know where I'm coming from.  I feel like a successful computer geek.  Anyways, very cool to have Ham Radio to keep me busy during these virus times of quarantine.  Keep up the good work, and YES, everything is running great....JTAlert, WSTJ, Log4OM V2, and starting to play with OmniRig.  73, stay healthy, Herb WB8ASI

 <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 18/03/2020 12:17 pm, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
I lasted longer than most with the old regular version until finally switching over to the ALT version which now I don't even remember the difference.  Laurie, maybe we only need one version???
Herb,

My thoughts as well, and will avoid the issues with users who fail to read the Webpage, Release Notes, the text of the shortcuts installed or past forum posts.

This has been raised a number of times with the Test Team, but some are reluctant to loose the old version as it increases the amount of vertical space taken up by the GUI.

I am very close to dropping the hammer on the old version (menus in the titlebar), but not likely with the next release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim N6VH

John,

When JTAlert is installed, you are given the option of creating various shortcuts. Two are for WSJT-X, and two are for JTDX. In each case, one of those options is JTAlert (Alt Layout). I always create both the regular shortcut, as well as the (Alt Layout) shortcut. While I normally use the standard layout, I have the other one available if I want to use it.

Since JTAlert is already installed, you can go to the HamApps folder in the All Programs list, and the shortcut should be there.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 3/17/2020 5:17 PM, John wrote:

"Did you try the JTAlert (AL) shortcut? That might solve the problem."

What is that and how do you get to it

John

John

Jim,

Thanks for that information, I don't remember those options but will lock for them

John Mc Hugh, K4AG
Coordinator for Amateur Radio
National Hurricane Center, WX4NHC
Home page:- http://www.wx4nhc.org

Dave Garber

the options show when installing, giving you 4 options to install
2 for wsjt, and 2 for jtdx

1 each regular, and 1 each for the alternative

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE