Topics

locked 2.16.0 Clearing

John Petrocelli

Hello,

   I just installed version 2.16.0

   I wish that the "clearing" of callsigns after logging was optional.

  First, sometimes after logging I will use the displayed callsigns to view if there is another potential CQ that I should observe as I may want to respond to their next CQ if it shows up.
  This facilitates and can augment the decision process.

  Second, on another QSO, I deliberately waited to click-Log the QSO until immediately after the next decode cycle. It immediately cleared that cycle's callsigns listed and thus I was not able to see if any new CQ's were showing (except in the WSJT-x window).
     This could cause an issue if one is "slightly delayed or distracted" from clicking to Log the QSO

   Please consider making this clearing optional as I am somewhat tempted to reinstall the previous version --  2.15.11

   Thanks again for all you great work.

73
John - WA2HIP
--

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

neil_zampella

Have you thought about bringing up the Decodes History Window?   Press F9, and this will bring up a list of all transmissions you've decoded.

Neil, KN3ILZ

John Petrocelli

Thanks, but I have tried that.  Unfortunately, space on my monitor is at a premium and so it is not convenient to do that. Plus, if the window is in the background it is rather inconvenient to have to click on the icon icon in the taskbar to view it.

Understand that I have my display configured from top to bottom : JTalert, WSJT-X Main, WSJT-X Waterfall.

Today I am SERIOUSLY considering going back to version 2.15.11
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 3/7/2020 3:20 PM, neil_zampella wrote:

Have you thought about bringing up the Decodes History Window?   Press F9, and this will bring up a list of all transmissions you've decoded.

Neil, KN3ILZ

John Petrocelli

In the interest of keeping my operating as I wish...............

I have gone BACK to version 2.15.11
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com