locked TXT Message problem

John C

I am know that this is not a one off.....    the problem...  for the last 2 or 3 versions of JTAlert, I have not been able to use the TXT message facility, which I miss dearly.  The old version (I think it was 2.15.3) used to work perfectly.   I have had my friend David, VK7YUM come and visit and double check all my settings, they are all correct.   What happens here is that no indication that a person is ON LINE or OFF LINE message ever appears.  I have even tried sending and receiving messages to/from David knowing that he is on line and nothing happens  :-(   I currently am usung Log4om V 2.4.0.0 and JTAlert V2.16.0

So, and I am wondering if anyone has come up with a soultion for this weird problem........

regards
John

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/03/2020 2:20 pm, vk7xx.radio@... wrote:
I am know that this is not a one off.....    the problem...  for the last 2 or 3 versions of JTAlert, I have not been able to use the TXT message facility, which I miss dearly.  The old version (I think it was 2.15.3) used to work perfectly.   I have had my friend David, VK7YUM come and visit and double check all my settings, they are all correct.   What happens here is that no indication that a person is ON LINE or OFF LINE message ever appears.  I have even tried sending and receiving messages to/from David knowing that he is on line and nothing happens  :-(   I currently am usung Log4om V 2.4.0.0 and JTAlert V2.16.0

So, and I am wondering if anyone has come up with a soultion for this weird problem........

regards
John

The Text Messages service is running fine, just now tested, so the problem is likely local to your PC.

The easiest way to test without having to coordinate with a third party is to simply send a message to yourself.

Open the JTAlert Settings, "Web Services -> TCP/IP Network Ports" section, and use the Test button. If that test fails then likely JTAlert is being prevented from making connections through your firewall.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John C

here is the weird part Laurie.   All 3 TCP Port tests come up as OK.  I just quarruple checked them before starting to type here.  ...   I Open the Text message window (F5) type my call in the Callsign box, click in the message area and type something, then click the Send button..    I get No message.    I can do the same thing with any callsign and they never get my messsage, and, I never get their messages.   I have tested with VK7YUM and VK7AC.. during testing, just in case,  I have disabled my antivirus..  same result..   If I reload the old version I mentioned earlier, it all works.  This is one weird problem Lauroe, weird as weird

regards

John

Marion D. Kitchens

I am having the exact same problem here. I have made no known changes.
I am running the same older version of JTAlertX (2.14.1) as before when
it did work fine. But, of course, Microsoft does whatever it decided is
best for me.

Marion K4GOK

Jim Sharp

Same here. Unable to download due to a virus threat. Tried several browsers as well
Jim - W5AP

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 7:57 AM Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:
I am having the exact same problem here.   I have made no known changes.
I am running the same older version of  JTAlertX (2.14.1) as before when
it did work fine.  But, of course, Microsoft does whatever it decided is
best for me.

Marion    K4GOK

km4djo

I got it downloaded, but cant get it to install.  Says it found 5 or 6 threats....not sure what's going on....

Mark
KM4DJO

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Same here. Unable to download due to a virus threat. Tried several browsers as well
Jim - W5AP

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 7:57 AM Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:
I am having the exact same problem here.   I have made no known changes.
I am running the same older version of  JTAlertX (2.14.1) as before when
it did work fine.  But, of course, Microsoft does whatever it decided is
best for me.

Marion    K4GOK

neil_zampella

Edited

I got it downloaded, but cant get it to install.  Says it found 5 or 6 threats....not sure what's going on....

Mark
KM4DJO

Answer is the same as its always been:     If you can't download it, turn OFF your antivirus for that download, this won't affect 'security' as long as you have a good firewall installed.    Then, turn it back on and create an exclusion for the file and the JTAlert directory tree in your antivirus.    This occurs because most antivirus programs will flag programs that don't get a lot of usage, like ham apps programs, with generic virus/trojan/malware.      Nothing is further from the truth.

Don't know what antivirus you're using, but you should be able to send them the file for scanning and clearing.     FWIW ... AVG didn't even look twice at the file this time around.

Neil, KN3ILZ