Topics

locked Unable to start-up


Jim Sharp
 

Help please
 
Not sure how to get JTAlert working  since when I start up (have installed the latest version today (2.15.10) and with prior versions, I get an box requesting the sound card.
I select speakers/headphones (Realtek) and the box crashes with the only option to close out as it goes into "not responding" /close the program.

Please see attached 


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

Jim,

To avoid the JTMode selection window, which I am assuming is what is causing your crash, you need to start JTAlert using the correct command-line parameter, either "/wsjtx" or "/jtdx". This is why the JTAlert installer creates shortcuts which have those parameters already set. Starting the JTAlert.exe file directly will always present that window as the command-line parameter is missing.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 15/02/2020 8:54 am, Jim Sharp wrote:
Not sure how to get JTAlert working  since when I start up (have installed the latest version today (2.15.10) and with prior versions, I get an box requesting the sound card.
I select speakers/headphones (Realtek) and the box crashes with the only option to close out as it goes into "not responding" /close the program.

Please see attached 
_._,_._,_



Jim Sharp
 

wow....thanks for your quick response.
Ok I got it started from the command line using jtalert_al.exe/wsjtx
What bat file might you suggest (I haven't constructed a bat file in a long time..ha) that would also not start the sound option as this bombs out the program as well
tnx, Jim

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:08 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
Jim,

To avoid the JTMode selection window, which I am assuming is what is causing your crash, you need to start JTAlert using the correct command-line parameter, either "/wsjtx" or "/jtdx". This is why the JTAlert installer creates shortcuts which have those parameters already set. Starting the JTAlert.exe file directly will always present that window as the command-line parameter is missing.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 15/02/2020 8:54 am, Jim Sharp wrote:
Not sure how to get JTAlert working  since when I start up (have installed the latest version today (2.15.10) and with prior versions, I get an box requesting the sound card.
I select speakers/headphones (Realtek) and the box crashes with the only option to close out as it goes into "not responding" /close the program.

Please see attached 


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/02/2020 10:00 am, Jim Sharp wrote:
Ok I got it started from the command line using jtalert_al.exe/wsjtx
What bat file might you suggest (I haven't constructed a bat file in a long time..ha) that would also not start the sound option as this bombs out the program as well
tnx, Jim

There is no need for bat files or starting JTAlert.exe directly. Use one of the Shortcuts created by the JTAlert installer. Either the desktop shortcut, if you enabled that option during install, or the shortcuts that are always created in the "HamApps JTAlert" Windows Startmenu group.

de Laurie VK3AMA