Topics

locked JTAlert and Comments field of logfile

Paul-N5DUP

Laurie,

That did the trick. Thank you!

Also, thank Tod WE5TR, and Bill N0NYH.. They were both also very helpful.

73,
Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 13, 2020, at 11:14 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

 On 14/02/2020 2:27 pm, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
What if there are no comments in JTAlerts or WSJT-X, will the comments in ACLogs be retained?

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP
Yes they will be retained if JTAlert is setup correctly.

If both WSJT-X and JTAlert don't have comment text, then the logging instruction sent to ACLog from JTAlert doesn't include the Comment field which normally won't clear any data you have manually entered in ACLog during the QSO except if you have the "Clear ACLog fields prior to logging" setting enabled in JTAlert.

<ACLogClearFileds.png>

If your manually entering data or performing xml lookups causing the ACLog data entry fields to contain data prior to JTAlert logging then you need to turn that option off. Alternatively use the data entry fields in JTAlert (you can have JTAlert perform the XML lookup).

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

[...]

Farrell, Tod

Hi Laurie,
I have been testing with Paul tonight.
What we have found is that ACLog looks up the call and populates the address in comments.
When I accept the WSJT-X dialog to confirm I want the QSO logged. Then the comments field is blanked out.
For my setup it is the same time that the mode is corrected from DIGU to FT8.
Thanks,
73 WE5TR

Paul-N5DUP

Laurie,

What if there are no comments in JTAlerts or WSJT-X, will the comments in ACLogs be retained?

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 13, 2020, at 5:20 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 13/02/2020 2:39 am, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
Does JTAlert have to be configured to pass Comments field data?

Paul
N5DUP
No JTAlert setup requires, it is automatic.

JTAlert will automatically include in the logging any comments data contained in the JTAlert Comments field or the WSJT-X Log QSO window comments field. If both JTAlert and WSJT-X have comments data, then the WSJT-X comments take precedence and the JTAlert comments are ignored.

On 13/02/2020 2:39 am, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
Does JTAlert have to be configured to pass Comments field data?

Paul
N5DUP
No JTAlert setup requires, it is automatic.

JTAlert will automatically include in the logging any comments data contained in the JTAlert Comments field or the WSJT-X Log QSO window comments field. If both JTAlert and WSJT-X have comments data, then the WSJT-X comments take precedence and the JTAlert comments are ignored.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim N6VH

Paul,

I replied to your earlier message before I saw this one. Yes, in your case you would not want WSJT-X to populate any fields. In logging to ACLog from JTAlert, things like QTH, etc, are sent to "Other" fields, as you have probably already seen under the ACLog section of JTAlert. Maybe Laurie will have an answer that works for you.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 2/12/2020 12:36 PM, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
Jim,

There were several fields in the JTAlerx Logging Options box that pertain to data displayed from XML lookups and I checked all of them but that didn’t seem to work, still nothing in the Comments field.  And just FYI, for ACLog to populate the Comments field with XML data,  WSJT-X CANNOT be putting dB signal reports (or anything else for that matter) into the Comments field.

Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 12, 2020, at 1:45 PM, Paul B. <paul@...> wrote:

Jim,

First, thank you for your response! I use ACLog as my logging program. I also subscribe to QRZ’s XML call database. ACLog queries that database and populates several fields in its log like Name and County, which is being populated. But the Address is supposed to be in the Comments field and it is not. Thanks to you I have found several XML check boxes in the Logging Options Box that I think need to be checked. Waiting to make a contact to test it now. Thanks

73,
Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 12, 2020, at 1:21 PM, Jim N6VH <N6VH@...> wrote:

Paul,

Go to Settings/Manage Settings/Logging. In the Logging Options Box, scroll down until you see "Log WSJT-X Comments to QSL Message Field", and check that box.

In WSJT-X, go to Settings/Reporting. Check the box that says "dB reports to comments".

Is that what you are looking for?

73,

Jim N6VH

On 2/12/2020 7:39 AM, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
[...]

Very good. I wasn't sure which comments you wanted logged. Hope this works for you.

73,

Jim N6VH