Topics

locked 2.15.8 Fatal Error (MySql)


Greg Clark
 

Just getting to 2.15.8 install - installed fine.  Once the program spawns, I wanted to tweak some items so click on SETTINGS and I get this error.  Up to me selecting SETTINGS - the program seems to be running and displaying info as expected.  I get this error on both WSJTx and JTDX versions.
Greg
K9IG


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 6/02/2020 9:04 am, Greg Clark wrote:
Just getting to 2.15.8 install - installed fine.  Once the program spawns, I wanted to tweak some items so click on SETTINGS and I get this error.  Up to me selecting SETTINGS - the program seems to be running and displaying info as expected.  I get this error on both WSJTx and JTDX versions.
Greg
K9IG
Know problem affecting a very small number of users and discussed in this group many times.
The fix is to wait until the next JTAlert release due in a day or two or install an updated VC 32bit runtime package.
See https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/27654

de Laurie VK3AMA


Greg Clark
 

Thanks Laurie - I should have used the SEARCH functions prior - apologies - will roll back and hang on.
73/Greg
K9IG


Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@...>
 

I installed the MS patch and that fixed the Fatal Error. However, At the end of a contact I get a "Fail QSO Not Logged SQlite unable to confirm. I am using 2.15.8 JTALERT. Will 2.15.9 fix this?
--
The only dumb question are the ones we don’t ask.


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/02/2020 12:30 pm, Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ wrote:
I installed the MS patch and that fixed the Fatal Error. However, At the end of a contact I get a "Fail QSO Not Logged SQlite unable to confirm. I am using 2.15.8 JTALERT. Will 2.15.9 fix this?

Log4OM2 is significantly slower in writing the QSO to is log compared to Log4OM1. If the QSO is getting logged by JTAlert the warning indicates that the QSO hadn't yet been written to the log before JTAlert went off to check. You will need to increase the "Check QSO Log Record" time under the "Logging" section of the JTAlert Settings. You will need to do this regardless of the JTAlert version.

de Laurie VK3AMA
 


Michael Black
 

I identified the problem with Log4OMV2 -- it's the blasted awards matrix being checked on every QSO...takes 15 seconds for my system and somebody else is reporting over 30 seconds.  


de Mike W9MDB


On Thursday, February 6, 2020, 08:21:09 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 7/02/2020 12:30 pm, Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ wrote:
I installed the MS patch and that fixed the Fatal Error. However, At the end of a contact I get a "Fail QSO Not Logged SQlite unable to confirm. I am using 2.15.8 JTALERT. Will 2.15.9 fix this?

Log4OM2 is significantly slower in writing the QSO to is log compared to Log4OM1. If the QSO is getting logged by JTAlert the warning indicates that the QSO hadn't yet been written to the log before JTAlert went off to check. You will need to increase the "Check QSO Log Record" time under the "Logging" section of the JTAlert Settings. You will need to do this regardless of the JTAlert version.

de Laurie VK3AMA
 


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/02/2020 3:16 pm, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
I identified the problem with Log4OMV2 -- it's the blasted awards matrix being checked on every QSO...takes 15 seconds for my system and somebody else is reporting over 30 seconds.  


de Mike W9MDB
Tnx Mike,

I cringed every time I had to run some tests against Log4OM2 and had to import an adif file to populate the logs, it is way too slow even on relatively small QSO count adif files.

If your happy that JTAlert is successfully logging the QSOs you can turn off the Log Check performed by JTAlert which avoids the JTAlert hang at the end of logging, because it is a single threaded executable, as it waits for the timeout before rechecking the log. Logging Section of the Settings, very last option checkbox (scroll down).
   

de Laurie VK3AMA