Topics

locked JTAlert 2.15.8 will not stay running

K8HW

Hi all,

I just installed the newest version of JTAlert and Malwarebytes had a fit. I made an exception and all was just fine.

After the program ran for about four hours, WebRoot removed it. I made an exception in WebRoot and JTAlert won't stay running for more that one minute. The window disappears with no explanation. Any help would be appreciated.

73 - Dave - K8HW

Michael Black

Use the alternate layout version. (The green Icon).
I just helped another user with the same problem.

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, January 25, 2020, 12:05:45 PM CST, K8HW <k8hwdave@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I just installed the newest version of JTAlert and Malwarebytes had a fit. I made an exception and all was just fine.

After the program ran for about four hours, WebRoot removed it. I made an exception in WebRoot and JTAlert won't stay running for more that one minute. The window disappears with no explanation. Any help would be appreciated.

73 - Dave - K8HW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/01/2020 4:25 am, K8HW wrote:
I just installed the newest version of JTAlert and Malwarebytes had a fit. I made an exception and all was just fine.

After the program ran for about four hours, WebRoot removed it. I made an exception in WebRoot and JTAlert won't stay running for more that one minute. The window disappears with no explanation. Any help would be appreciated.

73 - Dave - K8HW
Try using the "alt Layout" JTAlert shortcut. Reports from several users is that WebRoot is leaving that build alone, for now.

WebRoot has recently started interfering with JTAlert (regular, not Alt Layout build). The biggest problem with WebRoot is it is not informing the end-user it has taken any action, blocking TCP/UDP comms, blocking Internet connections, killing JTAlert, etc. It is doing this with no feedback to the user leaving the user to blame the affected application.

IMHO, WebRoot is now behaving no better than the malicious software it tries to protect us from!

de Laurie VK3AMA

Stewart Wilkinson

I'm having similar problems with 2.15.8 and my BitDefender AV.

It complained when I first installed it yesterday, the AV actually stopped the installer copying/extracting JTAlert.exe to the desination folder, but adding an exception got past that and then it ran for a while yesterday, but today the AV has decided again that it doesn't like JTAlert adn a couple of the related files and keeps wanting to block them until I add more exceptiions.

I have submitted samples to BitDefender and I suspect it will take them a couple of days to fix things again.

(as it happens Today's updates for the DXLabs apps are also causing problems and I ahve submitted those for checking too).

--
Stewart G0LGS

K8HW

Edited

Thanks Laurie. Using the alt layout shortcut fixed the problem for now.

I don't understand why Webroot is doing this when I shut it off! By the way, a user can go to https://my.webrootanywhere.com/ and login to Webroot and it will show you what files it has attacked. I think the biggest malware is Windows 10.

73 - K8HW - Dave