Topics

locked Logging to DXKeeper Trouble #DXLAB

Dale Drake

For some apparent reason, now, when I log a QSO if it's with a station not previously logged, the DXCC prefix and CQ zone are blank and the ITU zone is logged as 0.  As far as I can remember I made to changes to JTAlert settings that would cause this to start happening. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling JTAlert and DXKeeper but the problem persists.  JTAlert version 2.11.5 , WSJTX version 2.1.2 and DXKeeper version 1541.

Any ideas of what is causing this and how to fix it?
--
Dale, AA1QD

neil_zampella

Edited

Dale,

Are you really on v2.11.5 of JT-Alert?   The most current version is v2.15.8.   Unless you're on WinXP you should install the newer version and see what happens.  Also, the most current DXKeeper, as far as I can tell by what the Launcher says, is 15.3.1 .

Neil, KN3ILZ

Dale Drake

Neil,

Typo on my part with the DXK version. I am actually running 15.3.1. and yes I am running 2.11.5 of JTAlert.  Logging to DXK was always FB until just recently so I hvae no reason to use a later version.  I prefer the log show the actual dial frequency and not the audio offset and 2.15.8 won't do that.
--
Dale, AA1QD

g4wjs

On 25/01/2020 16:17, Dale Drake wrote:
yes I am running 2.11.5 of JTAlert.
Dale,

the reason you should upgrade is that you will not get much support unless you are using the latest known good version. It is unreasonable for the authors of free Amateur Radio applications to support multiple versions.

Bill
G4WJS.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/01/2020 3:17 am, Dale Drake wrote:
yes I am running 2.11.5 of JTAlert.  Logging to DXK was always FB until just recently

Since your running such an old version of JTAlert, that hasn't seen the benefits of bug fixes and performance improvements, and your reported problems have only just occurred it is likely that recent changes to DXKeeper are behind the errors as JTAlert by your own admission has not changed (so its logging behavior will not have changed). Your updating DXKeeper and not JTAlert and suddenly there are problems, DXKeeper looks to me like it is the problem as it is the only application you have changed.

I am not saying that DXKeeper has a defect, just that a problem has surfaced with a very old JTAlert / recent DXKeeper combination. A JTAlert version that will not be receiving any fixes or patches!

Very likely JTAlert 2.11.5 is the root cause, but with no other reports from users running more recent JTAlert builds, it is likely the defect is not present in recent builds.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

Dale Drake

Well, I did some troubleshooting and found that the problem is that JTAlert has stopped sending the DXCC number, CQ zone and ITU zone in the ADIF file it sends to DXKeeper.  It sends them as zeros when it's for a call not worked before. Can some one please tell me how JTALert knows these when the call sign is?  I think I must have inadvertently changed something that is causing this.  Up until recently JTA 2.11.5 and DXK 15.3.1 has been working fine together so I don't think it's a problem with software.   How does JTAlert look up a call sign's DXCC prefix number, CQ zone and ITU zone?
--
Dale, AA1QD