locked Beta JTAlert available for testing with Log4OM V2 (sqlite logs only)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

Available is a Beta build of JTAlert to use with the new Log4OM V2 (sqlite logs only).
Log4OM V2 MySQL logs are currently NOT SUPPORTED.

https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.15.7.build.0001.Beta.Setup.exe

You will need to enable the Log4OM V2 logging in the JTAlert Settings and set the sqlite log file and the UDP address and port.
e.g.

You will need to setup an UDP_INBOUND
ADIF_MESSAGE connection in Log4OMV2 and set the port to match the port set in JTAlert. I chose 2235 as the Log4OM V1 default port was 2236 and I am running both V1 and V2 simultaneously during development testing.
e.g.

An important note on JTAlert Beta builds, they are created with an inbuilt expiry of 4 weeks after which the software will not run. The expiry date can be viewed via the JTAlert Help->About menu.
e.g.

If you run into problems with this build you can simply downgrade your JTAlert by running the current public release of JTAlert  setup (download from https://HamApps.com/JTAlert/)

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

So far so good.  Thanks for the Beta.  I'm running both Log4OM V1 & V2, and just about ready to abandon V1.  A bit confusing trying to keep both logs aligned with each other, and with JTAlert Scan Log and Rebuilds.   Also keeping them both current with LOTW and eQSL.   Anyways, your Beta version is doing great.  73, Herb WB8ASI

Ross KE4BCN

Unable to download

WB8ASI Herb

When I disable the Last QSO API which I have set on port 2333, JTAlert will not log to Log4OM V2 via the normal port 2235 as I set it up as you suggested.   I do have UDP Inbound ADIF Messages set up in V2 for ports 2333 and 2235.   So will Last QSO enabled all is good.  Just wondering what's wrong with port 2235?  Thanks, 73, Herb WB8ASI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/01/2020 6:22 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
When I disable the Last QSO API which I have set on port 2333, JTAlert will not log to Log4OM V2 via the normal port 2235 as I set it up as you suggested.   I do have UDP Inbound ADIF Messages set up in V2 for ports 2333 and 2235.   So will Last QSO enabled all is good.  Just wondering what's wrong with port 2235?  Thanks, 73, Herb WB8ASI

You should not be trying to log to Log4OMV2 using both the Last QSO API broadcast (port 2333) and the UDP_INBOUND port (2235). Doing so, if you have Log4OMV2 set correctly, will result in a duplicate logging. If turning off the Last QSO broadcast stops logging entirely indicates that you have not setup the UDP_INBOUND port on Log4OMV2 correctly and it was not being used.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Robert, SP8SN

Hallo. Looks well.
Logging, shows status, scan log & rebuild.
Here is two applications work with two rigs - screenshot in attachment.
Good work !
73 Robert SP8SN

WB8ASI Herb

Did a reboot, and now port 2235 started working.  Settings were OK.  I just need to remember with Win10 to just keep rebooting when things are not running as expected.

On January 20, 2020 at 2:35 PM "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 21/01/2020 6:22 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
When I disable the Last QSO API which I have set on port 2333, JTAlert will not log to Log4OM V2 via the normal port 2235 as I set it up as you suggested.   I do have UDP Inbound ADIF Messages set up in V2 for ports 2333 and 2235.   So will Last QSO enabled all is good.  Just wondering what's wrong with port 2235?  Thanks, 73, Herb WB8ASI

You should not be trying to log to Log4OMV2 using both the Last QSO API broadcast (port 2333) and the UDP_INBOUND port (2235). Doing so, if you have Log4OMV2 set correctly, will result in a duplicate logging. If turning off the Last QSO broadcast stops logging entirely indicates that you have not setup the UDP_INBOUND port on Log4OMV2 correctly and it was not being used.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Rounds

Tried to download but get error "File not found."
73
David
AK9F

Available is a Beta build of JTAlert to use with the new Log4OM V2 (sqlite logs only).
Log4OM V2 MySQL logs are currently NOT SUPPORTED.

https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.15.7.build.0001.Beta.Setup.exe

Santiago Mejia

Downloaded and installed Beta version and so far it´s working fine. Qso´s are logging in Log4OM without any issue.

Thanks for hard work Laurie.

73, Santiago
HI8SMX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/01/2020 8:16 am, David Rounds wrote:
Tried to download but get error "File not found."
73
David
AK9F
That's to be expected.
Superseded Beta release files are removed from public download once a new Beta is released.
You need to be using the latest Beta, 2.15.7 build 0002, announced here...
    https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/27282

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rich McCabe

Laurie, working great for me. No issues.

Santiago Mejia

Robert, would like to see your settings, because I use two instances of Wsjtx and haven't been able to get instance 2 to send qso information to Log4OM, or to show the two radios on the radio window.

73 de Santiago
HI8SMX

Robert, SP8SN

Halo again Santiago.
First you have to run 2nd instance. Then you will be able to enter the 2nd instance settings.
See my setup in 1.jpg.
Then you close the 2nd instance and run the 1st.
See my setup in 2jpg.
Log4OMv2 setup is on 3.jpg.
When the 1st works, run the 2nd. Everything works.
Robert SP8SN

Santiago Mejia

Thanks Robert. Nonetheless I've tried and there is no way second instance of Wsjtx sends qso information to Log4OM. It works nice on first instance. I don't know if it is because I use Alternate Layout for JTalert because I have Windows 10.

I will keep trying still.

73, Santiago

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/01/2020 10:21 am, Santiago Mejia via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Robert. Nonetheless I've tried and there is no way second instance of Wsjtx sends qso information to Log4OM. It works nice on first instance. I don't know if it is because I use Alternate Layout for JTalert because I have Windows 10.

I will keep trying still.

73, Santiago
Santiago,

Standby. A new JTAlert build will be available within the next 30 minutes. It works in sending the DXCall to Log4OM for any number of WSJT-X instances. JTAlert is sending the Callsign direct to Log4OMV2 rather than relying on the buggy Log4OMV2 interface which cannot handle WSJT-X instances started with a -rig parameter.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Santiago Mejia

Thanks Laurie...that is such good news...

Your work is invaluable.

Santiago

Robert, SP8SN

I'm using standard layout with Windows 10. Works well. Sometimes jtalert shows error logging QSO but this one is in log. I don't know why. All QSO's from two instances was logged correctly.
Robert SP8SN

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/01/2020 4:26 pm, Robert, SP8SN wrote:
I'm using standard layout with Windows 10. Works well. Sometimes jtalert shows error logging QSO but this one is in log. I don't know why. All QSO's from two instances was logged correctly.
Robert SP8SN

Log4OM V2 is slower in writing the QSO to the SQLite log file compared to V1 (based on my testing).
Since the QSO is correctly being written to the log file, you just need to increase the wait time in JTAlert before it checks the file for the new record and confirms the logging was successful. See the Logging section of the JTAlert Settings.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Robert, SP8SN

Thank you, I will check it soon.
Robert SP8SN