locked JTAlert 2.15.7 still no sound.

Rick VK6RK

Hi Laurie,

"Help about" is a handy feature.  Thanks :)

It does show my Audio issue of no sound, also in the latest version.

Remains the same even after a couple minutes after starting.

Restarting JTAlert shows all modules initialized and sound works.

73,
Rick VK6RK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/01/2020 4:59 pm, Rick VK6RK wrote:
Hi Laurie,

"Help about" is a handy feature.  Thanks :)

It does show my Audio issue of no sound, also in the latest version.

Remains the same even after a couple minutes after starting.

Restarting JTAlert shows all modules initialized and sound works.

73,
Rick VK6RK
Rick,

FYI, waiting for a non-initiialised module to initialise is wasted time. The initialization command is only sent once at JTAlert startup. Initialising failed modules automatically is on the todo-list (likely with the next release).

I am curious why this happened to you, Please use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis. Thanks.

On 18/01/2020 4:19 am, WA2NDV via Groups.Io wrote:
However my Help/About looks different: Something I'm missing ?

Something is seriously wrong if your not showing UDP ports  & Manager modules status, that info comes directly from 2 status files that are always created at JTAlert startup.

I got your support request it doesn't show any of the files that are always created when the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process is run. There are many older session files with the latest being created 23-Dec-2019, nothing since.

It looks to me like the
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process is not running.

I suggest you do the following...
  • perform a PC restart.
  • uninstall JTAlert using Windows Control Panel.
  • Using Windows File Explorer delete the old JTAlert installation directory and remaining files and sub-directories it contains.
  • Install JTAlert again.

Let me know how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Frank G

I followed your instructions and found many old files in several folders from installing different versions over the past year or more.

Sound is now working just fine. I send two support updates.

Ill be more careful with update installation in the future.

Thanks again for your time.

73

Frank

WA2NDV