Topics

locked Log4OM V2

Rich McCabe

Laurie, with version 2 of Log4om just about to be released how confident are you feeling about an updated JTAlert to work with that?

I will be installing Log4OM v2 as soon as it comes out so need to come up with a game plan for what I am going to do with WSJT.

Thanks and 73,

Rich

Mike Davies

Log4OM v2 installed and working well though not yet with JTAlert.  I will stick to Log4OM V1.4 as JTAlert is vital for me.  Hope the two can be made compatible.

Thanks
Mike G0KAD

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/01/2020 2:24 am, Rich McCabe wrote:
will be installing Log4OM v2 as soon as it comes out so need to come up with a game plan for what I am going to do with WSJT.

Thanks and 73,

Rich
If your installing Log4OMV2 as soon as it is available, then you will be running without JTAlert as it currently does not support V2.
  • The next release of JTAlert, 2.15.7, due tomorrow, also DOES NOT support V2.

  • There are enough differences between V1 and V2, incompatible config files and log schemas, that JTAlert will be treating V2 as a separate logger.

  • Initially JTAlert will only support the sqlite log of V2.

  • There is an issue with V2 MySQL log schema that impose a significant performance hit with real-time access to the log records. MySQL logs may never be supported.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike Davies

Laurie,

That you will be looking to add Log4ON v2 support in due course is excellent news.  We all appreciate the time and effort expended in advancing the hobby with all the great software available.

B. Smith

Glad I have stayed with sqlite in Log4OM!
Thanks for all you do Laurie.

73, Bill N3XL

Rich McCabe

Thanks Laurie,

As it turned out they released it last night and I am running it now.

I will make some changes until you get that worked out.

Thanks for your efforts.

Rich