Topics

locked No alert on North Macedonia

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/01/2020 9:57 pm, marsip@... wrote:
Both in JTAlert and in WSJT-X. But several of these, are marked as "worked before". This is confusing. Where do JTAlert get the "worked before" information from, in this case? As I understand this, there should not be any historical information readable by JTAlert. Or do I misunderstand this?

JTAlert gets worked B4 data from the logger you have enabled for logging. If you running JTAlert without an enabled logger ("NO Log" will be shown in the titlebar status text) then JTAlert maintains a minimal B4 database and adds entries to that file whenever you log a QSO. If you want to clear that file open the Settings and use the "Create New" button on the "Logging -> Log B4 Database" section.

Restart JTAlert after creating a new B4 database.

de Laurie VK3AMA

marsip@...

I have set all dxcc-prefixes as wanted, with any mode and any band, and without doing any log scan.

I have unset/unticked "Filters/Do not show Worked (B4) Callsigns", I this case I get alerts on all callsigns. Both in JTAlert and in WSJT-X. But several of these, are marked as "worked before". This is confusing. Where do JTAlert get the "worked before" information from, in this case? As I understand this, there should not be any historical information readable by JTAlert. Or do I misunderstand this?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/01/2020 3:25 am, marsip@... wrote:
This should generate alerts on every callsign, but it doesn't.

See screen dump below.

The new settings are from 161245, and there are two callsigns wich doesn't have an alert.
It's seems random which callsigns are marked with alert or not.
In this case also no alerts were shown on JTAlert.

There is nothing wrong as best I can tell. JTAlert is correctly alerting based on your settings.

The Callsigns that are not being colored with the DXCC alert are likely not passing the Alert Filters you have set. In an earlier message you show that you had the "Lotw or Eqsl" filter set.

LZ2EC doesn't use either qsl service so wont generate an alert and subsequently does not get coloured.

IZ1ANK does use both qsl services and is not being coloured, very likely because you have the "Do not show B4 Callsigns" set and (this is a guess) you have worked him before and would not generate the DXCC alert.

I don't see any Z3 callsigns in your image so my guess is that you don't have "North Macedonia" set as needed.

de Laurie VK3AMA

marsip@...

Se my previous posts.
I thought the mode change (to "Any mode") had solved my problem. But has not.
In order to learn more about this, I set the Alerts settings for DXCC to wanting all prefixes.
This should generate alerts on every callsign, but it doesn't.

See screen dump below.

The new settings are from 161245, and there are two callsigns wich doesn't have an alert.
It's seems random which callsigns are marked with alert or not.
In this case also no alerts were shown on JTAlert.

marsip@...

I changed the mode in "Alerts/Wanted DXCC/Any Band" from "Any Digital Mode" to "Any mode". Now I get alerts for Z3, with FT8.

Is it wrong to set "Any Digital Mode" for FT8 with WSJT-X?

/Markku

marsip@...

I'm hunting DXCC, and need North Macedonia.
I have North Macedonia Z3, confirmed on eQSL, but not on LoTW.
I have done a log scan with only LoTW enabled.
In Alerts, Wanted DXCC, Any band, North Macedonia is in the wanted list, which is ok.

Filters:

But Z3 stations doesn't generate alerts. They are marked green (already confirmed).

Markku/SM5FLM