Topics

locked JT alert and QRZ Logbook

Ken Desjardins

Great news! the 2.5.17 update fixed my log problems with QRZ and my Hamspots are working again too. Thanks!

Ken Desjardins

Oh, I did not receive a link. I just looked in my spam folder too.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/01/2020 7:10 am, Ken Desjardins wrote:
Hi Laurie, Any progress with this issue?

Ken,

I previously sent you a link to the latest JTAlert Beta build (sent 2-Jan), did that not correct your QRZ problem?
I couldn't find a response from you so I assume you didn't try it, is that the case?

All other users who received the Beta builds reported back that it corrected their intermittent problems with online logging, xml lookups, DXLab DDE, etc.

The next public release of JTAlert is 2 days away, you may want to for that and report back if your problems persist.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ken Desjardins

Hi Laurie, Any progress with this issue?

Ken Desjardins

it appears the HamSpots isn't uploading either

Jim Cooper

dammm windoze .... after writing the note below,
I decided to reboot ... at which time I found that
windoze had an update waiting for a reboot ...
(this is NOT the first time lately that I've seen
weird PC behavior while a win 10 update was half
installed). Rebooted and completed the update
install, and things seem to be working ok again.

ADD THIS TO YOUR DEBUG PROCEDURE !!

Check if windoze has a half-baked update that
may be mucking things up.

w2jc

On 1 Jan 2020 at 22:31, Jim Cooper wrote:

Closed down WSJT-X and JTAlert (which left the JT
Manager file running in Task Manager; had to manually
terminate it). Restarted both programs and still not
logging to QRZ Logbook now.

At the same time, the First QSO call lookup to QRZ
stopped working.

Jim Cooper

On 1 Jan 2020 at 12:22, Ken Desjardins wrote:

I just made 2 FT8 contacts to test out the new version and
it still will not log to QRZ.
Well, v 2.15.6 was working fine for me for several days,
including two FT4 QSOs today at 0230 and 0233z which
logged to QRZ Logbook. THEN IT STOPPED ... a dozen
QSOs after that have not logged to QRZ.

Closed down WSJT-X and JTAlert (which left the JT
Manager file running in Task Manager; had to manually
terminate it). Restarted both programs and still not
logging to QRZ Logbook now.

At the same time, the First QSO call lookup to QRZ
stopped working.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/01/2020 11:54 am, Ken Desjardins wrote:
I just cleared the key out of JT Alert, Closed and restarted the program and then typed the API key back into JT Alert and sadly it still isn't logging to QRZ. I made sure Windows firewall and my antivirus aren't blocking it and nothing has been quarantined.
The problem is not with your API key. It is with the QRZ Log module of the new Process Manager not being initialized. This in not something you can fix, it requires code changes. BTW, you will likely find that your eQSL uploads are also failing.

I'll send you a link to a new JTAlert build later today, it may not correct the problem (a timing issue), but will capture additional data that I can use for further debugging.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ken Desjardins

I just cleared the key out of JT Alert, Closed and restarted the program and then typed the API key back into JT Alert and sadly it still isn't logging to QRZ. I made sure Windows firewall and my antivirus aren't blocking it and nothing has been quarantined.

Ken Desjardins

Thanks Laurie, I just sent the email you asked for.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/01/2020 7:22 am, Ken Desjardins wrote:
My API KEY is correct and my QRZ subscription is current. I just installed the 2.15.6 version of JT Alert and it also did not solve the problem. I emailed QRZ Support and they say everything is fine on their end. I just made 2 FT8 contacts to test out the new version and it still will not log to QRZ.

If you believe your API key is entered correctly and are still getting the invalid key message, use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

W5BT

Check your logbook end date on QRZ. You might have to update it.

On Jan 1, 2020, at 2:36 PM, Ken Desjardins <zk5@...> wrote:

when I try to test my API key I get the following error yet QRZ insists it's MY key is valid and that it must be a JTAlert problem.
STATUS=AUTH&REASON=invalid api key &EXTENDED=

Michael Black

Very carefully check your API key -- manually type it in instead of copy/paste.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 02:36:23 PM CST, Ken Desjardins <zk5@...> wrote:

when I try to test my API key I get the following error yet QRZ insists it's MY key is valid and that it must be a JTAlert problem.
STATUS=AUTH&REASON=invalid api key &EXTENDED=

Ken Desjardins

when I try to test my API key I get the following error yet QRZ insists it's MY key is valid and that it must be a JTAlert problem.
STATUS=AUTH&REASON=invalid api key &EXTENDED=

Ken Desjardins

My API KEY is correct and my QRZ subscription is current. I just installed the 2.15.6 version of JT Alert and it also did not solve the problem. I emailed QRZ Support and they say everything is fine on their end. I just made 2 FT8 contacts to test out the new version and it still will not log to QRZ.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/12/2019 10:43 am, Ken Desjardins wrote:
 Hi, I have been using JTAlert with ACLOG and QRZ Logbook for years with no problem. Lately, JT Alert stopped uploading logs to my QRZ Book but it does still continue to log to ACLOG. My API key is in there correctly with no spaces and QRZ logging is enabled. As far as I can tell, My antivirus isn't blocking anything. I would like some help with this matter if you could. Thanks

Ken.
Check your QRZ XML subscription. If it is not current and has expired than QRZ will prevent the upload to your logbook.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael Ernst

Ken,

I am not sure if the API key changes when you renew. You should check it to name sure. You can find it by going to qrz.com. then open your logbook. On the right side about a third of the way down select settings. Your key Erik be on ether look left side in a box about middkev of the screen. Make sure it matches in your software.

73,
Mike, AE8U

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device