Topics

locked Autostart jtalert/wsjt-x problem

marsip@...

I'm using DXlab launcher (ver 2.1.2) which can start applications, after DXlab has started.
I have entered JTAlert as an option for this.
JTAlert starts, but I get a popup, where I have to select to start WSJT-X or JTDX.

The desktop icon for JTAlert, has a start path "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe" /wsjtx".
But if I add "wsjtx" as an start program option in DXlab launcher, it doesn't work (or at least I can't get to work).

Is it possible to start WSJT-X in this way, without getting the popup select window from JTAlert?

g4wjs

On 26/12/2019 10:19, marsip@... wrote:
I'm using DXlab launcher (ver 2.1.2) which can start applications, after DXlab has started.
I have entered JTAlert as an option for this.
JTAlert starts, but I get a popup, where I have to select to start WSJT-X or JTDX.

The desktop icon for JTAlert, has a start path "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe" /wsjtx".
But if I add "wsjtx" as an start program option in DXlab launcher, it doesn't work (or at least I can't get to work).

Is it possible to start WSJT-X in this way, without getting the popup select window from JTAlert?

OM,

try writing a one line batch file:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe" /wsjtx

then invoke that from DX Lab Suite Launcher.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Dave Garber

Why not use jtalert setup to start wsjtx and your log software.

sent by my LG phone

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 7:20 AM g4wjs, <bill.8@...> wrote:
[...]

Edited

I tried write a batfile which start JTAlert, but I couldn't make it work.

marsip@...

Edited

Good idea make JTAlert start DXlab launcher.
Now it works flawlessly!

Dave Garber

settings/scroll to applications, then click on autostart tab

you have to select the path of any software you wish to start, then check the 'start' or 'close' boxes as you desire

then remember to save, before closing.

you will need to close jtalert, and any programs in the 'start' lines...   then restart jtalert

I use this for wsjt-x, n3fjp aclog, and have used it for HRD
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 3:07 AM <marsip@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I tried write a batfile which start JTAlert, but I couldn't make it work.