Topics

locked Decodes Window of 2.15.5 works for one JTAlert instance #FT8

asobel@...

Dear Laurie

 I am using Flex 6600 and 4 instances of WSJT-X and JTAlert. Decodes Window is very useful to me but lately I did find that it does display only the  one instance on which it is started.

Please repair this situation.

 Yours Sincerely

Amos 4X4MF

m_scot_alex

I'm running eight instances against my 6700 and the decodes window shows the decodes for all eight instances as expected. I'm using JT Alert's built in launcher to start all of the WSJT-X instances and JT Alert.

73,

Mike - N8MSA

asobel@...

Dear Mike

1.The decode window problem shows only in 2.15.5 . JTDAlert 2.15.3 does not show it. Which version are you using?

2. I did try to use JTAlert Auto-Start function to start WSJT-X. It does not work. WSTJ-X has to run before JTAlert. How do you do it?

Amos 4X4MF

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 08:13 AM, <asobel@...> wrote:

Dear Mike

1.The decode window problem shows only in 2.15.5 . JTDAlert 2.15.3 does not show it. Which version are you using?

2. I did try to use JTAlert Auto-Start function to start WSJT-X. It does not work. WSTJ-X has to run before JTAlert. How do you do it?

Amos 4X4MF

Hi -

Sorry, I should have specified that I'm running 2.15.5 and that it works as it - for me - for the last several years. And JTA/WSJT-X works fine when launching JTA first after first-time configuration. Here's a thread, perhaps not the best thread but I'm writing this on an airplane, discussing this very topic:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/topic/auto_start/5803337?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,60,5803337

You might want to consider sending Laurie a support request through JTA itself.

73,

Mike - N8MSA

asobel@...

Dear Mike

Thank you for trying to help me, I appreciate it.

  1. I did follow your hint and did try to use Log4OM. It does work but it can take only 6 entries. I need 9.
  2. I still don’t see how to use JTA to run 4 instances of WSJT-X and JTA.
  3. I did once try to create a batch file to do that job. It did not work. It seems that I did forget how to do it sins the DOS days.

Please take your time and elaborate on this subject.

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

[...]

Sorry for the delay; just returned from business travel.

I'm using the Settings>Applications>Auto-Start function as shown in these screen-shots:

All of this in launched by clicking on the JTA 2.15.5 "WSJT-X" shortcut, which launches the first instance of JTA which in turn launches everything else per the screen caps. Note the delays - I had to stretch those out as of 2.15.3 to prevent race conditions that caused issues during initialization.

Good luck!

73,

Mike - N8MSA

asobel@...

Dear Mike

OK, I got it running, many thanks for your patients with me.

One problem: I can't get Log4OM to run too. Did you manage it?

Yours Sincerely

Amos 4X4MF

Sorry for the delay; just returned from business travel.

I'm using the Settings>Applications>Auto-Start function as shown in these screen-shots:

All of this in launched by clicking on the JTA 2.15.5 "WSJT-X" shortcut, which launches the first instance of JTA which in turn launches everything else per the screen caps. Note the delays - I had to stretch those out as of 2.15.3 to prevent race conditions that caused issues during initialization.

Good luck!

73,

Mike - N8MSA

Attachments:

m_scot_alex

Hi -

Yes, I have it running. Look at the JT Alert help file - the process should still be valid. Note that there are multiple steps that include configuring the Log4OM Communicator instead of the main program and configuration in the JT Alert.

Here's a link to a YouTube video that isn't in English but the steps look valid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8V6XJvHJqc

73,

Mike - N8MSA