Topics

locked UDP port problems

Rick Johnson

JTAlert 2.15.3 will not communicate with WSJT-X 2.1.2.  Get the famous

I have rebooted the computer, reloaded both programs, checked that the 3 boxes are checked.  I don’t know what else to do.

The setup in config for WSJT is correct.  I have not changed my virus software….same ones that have been running for months.

Can someone suggest something.

73, Rick W3BI

polarmail@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/12/2019 3:34 am, Rick Johnson wrote:

JTAlert 2.15.3 will not communicate with WSJT-X 2.1.2.  Get the famous

I have rebooted the computer, reloaded both programs, checked that the 3 boxes are checked.  I don’t know what else to do.

The setup in config for WSJT is correct.  I have not changed my virus software….same ones that have been running for months.

Can someone suggest something.

73, Rick W3BI

Rick,

Did JTAlert work previously and this is new behavior? If new, the likely cause is another application started prior to JTAlert taking exclusive control of the WSJT-X UDP server port (2237). Have you introduced any new apps that work directly with the WSJT-X UDP data?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick Johnson

Thinking about the problem.....I used Revo Uninstall to remove an Acom program.  I think in the list of
"leftovers" was an important file for JTAlert.  It wasn't listed as such or I would have removed it before
deleting the other files. Any idea what I did wrong?
To answer your question, JTAlert 2.14.5 and WSJT 2.1.2 worked perfectly.

On 5/12/2019 9:34 am, Rick Johnson wrote:
Thinking about the problem.....I used Revo Uninstall to remove an Acom program.  I think in the list of
"leftovers" was an important file for JTAlert.  It wasn't listed as such or I would have removed it before
deleting the other files. Any idea what I did wrong?
To answer your question, JTAlert 2.14.5 and WSJT 2.1.2 worked perfectly.

Revo removing needed JTAlert files would not cause JTAlert to stop receiving UDP data from WSJT-X, if anything it would produce a critical error dialog from JTAlert which would subsequently close. A rerunning of the JTAlert installer will restore any lost files/directories.

There have not been any recent changes in how JTAlert receives WSJT-X UDP traffic, internally 2.15.3 is exactly the same as 2.14.5.

The most likely cause is another application having exclusive access to the WSJT-X UDP port (2237) or WSJT-X is running with elevated privileges (set to run as administrator). There is never any need to run WSJT-X elevated.

If you haven't done so already, perform a PC restart, especially if your running Win10 as that is now the most common fix for unexpected or changed behavior.

If you still have no success, use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick Johnson

That is why I reinstalled JTAlert.....to reload the files and it didn't work of course.
I sent my files once before but I don't remember how.  The Parkinson's is getting worse.
I'll figure it out.  Thanks for the help.
73,
Rick W3BI

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:25 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
[...]

Gilbert Baron <w0mn00@...>

Yup, I get this same nasty error. I posted about it a few minutes ago but did not have your nice screen shot.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

Gilbert Baron <w0mn00@...>

I was not able to get JTALERT to work over the UDP. I got the message about checking the three boxes and then tried it. I got a permission error. After checking the three UDP boxes in settings AND terminating both programs and restarting it seems to be working. I need to play with it and learn it for a bit to see but I think it was my fault.

I have been using FT8 and just using the log file to import to DXKEEPER but want it to set it up with DXLABS now so it will be a bit of learning. There is a pretty big learning curve with these programs , especially if you add in spot collector. 😝-)

I do have one other problem. I have trouble closing JTALERT. Click the X just brings up the callsigns per band screen. I do not see a terminate button , no red square etc. like other windows programs.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

JTAlert 2.15.3 will not communicate with WSJT-X 2.1.2.  Get the famous

I have rebooted the computer, reloaded both programs, checked that the 3 boxes are checked.  I don’t know what else to do.

The setup in config for WSJT is correct.  I have not changed my virus software….same ones that have been running for months.

Can someone suggest something.

73, Rick W3BI

polarmail@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

Gilbert Baron <w0mn00@...>

I found the Alt F4 or Close option. I was just assuming the normal close without looking. Sorry for all the noise.

On 27/12/2019 6:49 am, Gilbert Baron wrote:

I found the Alt F4 or Close option. I was just assuming the normal close without looking. Sorry for all the noise.

JTAlert not responding to a click on the close button, is a known problem affecting a small number of Win10 users. The fix is to simply run the "Alt Layout" version of JTAlert using the correct JTAlert shortcut. This is mentioned at the very top of the webpage from where you download JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick

Welcome to the club.  Happy New Year.

On 12/26/2019 2:28 PM, Gilbert Baron wrote:

Yup, I get this same nasty error. I posted about it a few minutes ago but did not have your nice screen shot.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

JTAlert 2.15.3 will not communicate with WSJT-X 2.1.2.  Get the famous

I have rebooted the computer, reloaded both programs, checked that the 3 boxes are checked.  I don’t know what else to do.

The setup in config for WSJT is correct.  I have not changed my virus software….same ones that have been running for months.

Can someone suggest something.

73, Rick W3BI

polarmail@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10