locked Cannot update JTAlert 2.10.4

Michael Therrien

I just tried to update JTAlert to the new version.
I get an error message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps|JTAlert\JTAlert.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 183.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended). or Abort to cancel installation.

I retried but same problem.
I uninstalled 2.10.3 and then tried to install 2.10.4 and got same error message.

Help please.

73
Mike N1MD

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/10/2017 1:35 AM, Michael Therrien wrote:
I just tried to update JTAlert to the new version.
I get an error message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps|JTAlert\JTAlert.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 183.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended). or Abort to cancel installation.

I retried but same problem.
I uninstalled 2.10.3 and then tried to install 2.10.4 and got same error message.

Help please.

73
Mike N1MD

Mike,

Sounds like there is a copy of the JTAlert.exe process is still running.

Do a PC Restart to ensure that any zombie processes and file locks are cleared and try the install of 2.10.4 again.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael Therrien

Yes, the restart solved the problem.
I should have done this step before bothering you. I apologize.

Great program, Laurie!

73
Mike N1MD

--