locked FT 8 ???

James Hertel <n6kmr@...>

I downloaded the wsjtx-1.7.0.exe and fired it up. No jt8 in the mode tab? what am I doing wrong?
TNX
Jim

David De Coons

1.80 rc3 is latest.

That supports FT8.

Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.

On Oct 20, 2017, at 4:10 PM, James Hertel <n6kmr@frontiernet.net> wrote:

I downloaded the wsjtx-1.7.0.exe and fired it up. No jt8 in the mode tab? what am I doing wrong?
TNX
Jim

DAVID BERNHEISEL

Download the newest release candidate instead of the 1.7.0 - WSJT--x V1.8.0-rc3

GL,

Dave N2DPF

On 10/20/2017 15:10, James Hertel wrote:
I downloaded the wsjtx-1.7.0.exe and fired it up. No jt8 in the mode tab? what am I doing wrong?
TNX
Jim

Herman Halbach <hermhalbach@...>

Jim, most likely you downloaded this:

Windows
  • Latest full release, Version 1.7: wsjtx-1.7.0-win32.exe.  (runs on Win XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win10, both 32- and 64-bit).
rather than this:

Windows:

Herm, KG7WMZ

On 10/20/2017 1:10 PM, James Hertel wrote:
I downloaded the wsjtx-1.7.0.exe and fired it up. No jt8 in the mode tab? what am I doing wrong?
TNX
Jim

n9ru@...

David Yockey

I have the same problem with 2.10.3---no FT8 most of the time and I don't know how to get it so program is useless.

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM, n9ru@...
<n9ru@...> wrote:

Herman Halbach <hermhalbach@...>

You’ll need the 1.8 version

On 10/20/2017 2:42 PM, David Yockey via Groups.Io wrote:
I have the same problem with 2.10.3---no FT8 most of the time and I don't know how to get it so program is useless.

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM, n9ru@...
<n9ru@...> wrote:

Mike Anderson

2.10.0  is  JTAlert and has nothing to do with the functioning of  FT8 which is WJSTX

<n9ru@...> wrote:

  is  JTAlert and has nothing to do with the functioning of  FT8 which is WJSTX

Mike K5NAN

neil_zampella

A few things:

1.   This is the JT-Alert support group.  It is for support of the JT-Alert program which is a third-party program that provides support for the WSJT-X program.

2.   The WSJT-X support group is called wsjtgroup and its on Groups.Yahoo.com

3.   As has been pointed out, you downloaded the wrong program.  GO TO THE BOTTOM of K1JT's WSJT-X page to find the v1.8.0-RC3 release candidate that has FT8.

4.   After you install, READ the Readme file, and then the built-in USERS GUIDE, and do the tutorials that are included.   They will literally HOURS of messing around with settings.

73,

Neil, KN3ILZ

David Yockey

I will try that.  My Ft8 works perfectly and I have made hundreds of FT8 QSOs but no JT Alert.  I thought that 2.10.3 was most recent version of JT Alert.

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 7:43 PM, neil_zampella
<neilz@...> wrote:

A few things:

1.   This is the JT-Alert support group.  It is for support of the JT-Alert program which is a third-party program that provides support for the WSJT-X program.

2.   The WSJT-X support group is called wsjtgroup and its on Groups.Yahoo.com

3.   As has been pointed out, you downloaded the wrong program.  GO TO THE BOTTOM of K1JT's WSJT-X page to find the v1.8.0-RC3 release candidate that has FT8.

4.   After you install, READ the Readme file, and then the built-in USERS GUIDE, and do the tutorials that are included.   They will literally HOURS of messing around with settings.

73,

Neil, KN3ILZ

Michael Black

JTAlert 2.10.4 is in beta right now.

And what do you mean "but no JT Alert" ???

de Mike W9MDB

<neilz@...> wrote:

A few things:

1.   This is the JT-Alert support group.  It is for support of the JT-Alert program which is a third-party program that provides support for the WSJT-X program.

2.   The WSJT-X support group is called wsjtgroup and its on Groups.Yahoo.com

3.   As has been pointed out, you downloaded the wrong program.  GO TO THE BOTTOM of K1JT's WSJT-X page to find the v1.8.0-RC3 release candidate that has FT8.

4.   After you install, READ the Readme file, and then the built-in USERS GUIDE, and do the tutorials that are included.   They will literally HOURS of messing around with settings.

73,

Neil, KN3ILZ

David Yockey

When JT Alert opens the alert screen only shows JT65 and JT9.  After a while I usually get a popup that says wsjt-x cannot communicate with JT Alert on port 2237.  When I click OK I get the FT8 alerts and everything works perfectly including logging to AC Log. When I close JT Alert and reopen once again only shows JT65 and JT9.  Now I just use FT8 and move the logs over by ADIF to desktop.  I have just abandoned JT Alert for now.

<neilz@...> wrote:

A few things:

1.   This is the JT-Alert support group.  It is for support of the JT-Alert program which is a third-party program that provides support for the WSJT-X program.

2.   The WSJT-X support group is called wsjtgroup and its on Groups.Yahoo.com

3.   As has been pointed out, you downloaded the wrong program.  GO TO THE BOTTOM of K1JT's WSJT-X page to find the v1.8.0-RC3 release candidate that has FT8.

4.   After you install, READ the Readme file, and then the built-in USERS GUIDE, and do the tutorials that are included.   They will literally HOURS of messing around with settings.

73,

Neil, KN3ILZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/10/2017 1:33 AM, David Yockey via Groups.Io wrote:
When JT Alert opens the alert screen only shows JT65 and JT9.  After a while I usually get a popup that says wsjt-x cannot communicate with JT Alert on port 2237.  When I click OK I get the FT8 alerts and everything works perfectly including logging to AC Log. When I close JT Alert and reopen once again only shows JT65 and JT9.  Now I just use FT8 and move the logs over by ADIF to desktop.  I have just abandoned JT Alert for now.
David,

JTAlert doesn't care whether received decodes are JT65/JT9 or FT8. It simply alerts on the decodes it receives from WSJT-X.

You will never receive JT65, JT9 and FT8 decodes at the same time. When WSJT-X is decoding JT65 and JT9 (with subsequent alerts in JTAlert) WSJT-X will never decode any FT8 signals present in the passband. Similarly if WSJT-X is decoding FT8, it will never decode JT65/JT9.

How are you changing TX Mode from JT65/JT9 to FT8 in WSJT? Is it via the WSJT-X Mode menu or are you switching configurations? If you switching configurations, then likely the UDP settings for the FT8 WSJT-X configuration are not the same as in the JT65/JT9 config.

If you still can't get JTAlert FT8 alerting working, use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis. As none of your messages to this Group have included your Callsign, b
e sure to include a note referring to this message thread as I won't be able to relate your Support email, which identifies you by Callsign, with this thread.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Yockey

I don't use JT65 or JT9 so when I am working FT8 I don't get any alerts at all.  Once I DO get it to show FT8 mode everything works perfectly including logging to AC Log But that doesn't happen often.  I normally have to export ADIF logs to desktop and import into log.  Dave, K8CMO

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 5:32 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
<vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
[...]

Just curious under  Filters and Alerts how they are set up.   Consider under  Filters to  temp set  to   No QSL filters - pass all alerts.  and then   on the main tool bar  click on Alerts and from the pop up click on  Own Call and CQ and QRZ   to start.    Just a thought or suggestion.   See if you start getting   the decodes then.

Mike  K5NAN

On 10/22/2017 7:48 AM, David Yockey via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

That is the way it is set up.

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Mike Anderson
<mike@...> wrote:

[...]

I appreciate all that have responded... your info help greatly.

By the way.. this support group originally started when Joe Large was writing his programs for jt65. When he got out JT-AlERT took over.

Also !!

HAS Anyone tried to connect a Icom 756 III to JT8 program??? Havin a bit of difficulty in makin it all work.

Jim

On 10/20/2017 5:43 PM, neil_zampella wrote:

A few things:

1.   This is the JT-Alert support group.  It is for support of the JT-Alert program which is a third-party program that provides support for the WSJT-X program.

2.   The WSJT-X support group is called wsjtgroup and its on Groups.Yahoo.com

3.   As has been pointed out, you downloaded the wrong program.  GO TO THE BOTTOM of K1JT's WSJT-X page to find the v1.8.0-RC3 release candidate that has FT8.

4.   After you install, READ the Readme file, and then the built-in USERS GUIDE, and do the tutorials that are included.   They will literally HOURS of messing around with settings.

73,

Neil, KN3ILZ

Jim - N4ST

Apples and oranges.
Actually, Joe Large did JT65-HF using Joe Taylors algorithms.
JT-Alert is a third-party sidekick program originally for JT65-HF, but now covers many variations including the dominant WSJT-X.

_________
73,
Jim - N4ST

I appreciate all that have responded... your info help greatly.
By the way.. this support group originally started when Joe Large was writing his programs for jt65. When he got out JT-AlERT took over.
Also !!
HAS Anyone tried to connect a Icom 756 III to JT8 program??? Havin a bit of difficulty in makin it all work.
Jim

N7AED <signalhz@...>

I don’t have a Pro 3 any more but it does work with WSJT-X,JT65-HF and all the other ham programs

73 Eddy N7AED

Sent from my iPhone