locked F5 Key

Dwight Bosselman

I'm having occurrences where the F5 key stops functioning after a while of operating. Restarting it works again.

73 Dwight NS9I

N7AED <signalhz@...>

It's been doing that with mine also v2.10.3 and previous versions. I don't remember which version it started doing it or if it's always done that. Windows 10 64bit

73 Eddy N7AED

On 10/15/2017 5:57 AM, NS9I@... wrote:
I'm having occurrences where the F5 key stops functioning after a while of operating. Restarting it works again.

73 Dwight NS9I

Dwight Bosselman

Ditto

On 10/15/2017 8:18 AM, N7AED wrote:

It's been doing that with mine also v2.10.3 and previous versions. I don't remember which version it started doing it or if it's always done that. Windows 10 64bit

73 Eddy N7AED

On 10/15/2017 5:57 AM, NS9I@... wrote:
I'm having occurrences where the F5 key stops functioning after a while of operating. Restarting it works again.

73 Dwight NS9I

Jim - N4ST

Are you sure that the JT-Alert window is the active one when you hit F5?

__________
73,
Jim - N4ST

I'm having occurrences where the F5 key stops functioning after a while of
operating. Restarting it works again.

73 Dwight NS9I

Dwight Bosselman

Yes, repeatedly made sure of that!

73 Dwight NS9I

On 10/15/2017 10:04 AM, Jim - N4ST wrote:
Are you sure that the JT-Alert window is the active one when you hit F5?

__________
73,
Jim - N4ST

I'm having occurrences where the F5 key stops functioning after a while of
operating. Restarting it works again.

73 Dwight NS9I

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/10/2017 11:57 PM, NS9I@... wrote:
I'm having occurrences where the F5 key stops functioning after a while of operating. Restarting it works again.

73 Dwight NS9I

Dwight,

If F5 works and then stops after a period of time suggests that JTAlert may no longer be receiving the hotkey notifications from Windows. This will happen if JTAlert is not the active window. All hotkeys are restricted to JTAlert so as to avoid conflicting with the hotkeys of other applications.

Global hotkeys are supported by Windows and it is possible for another application (badly written) that uses a global hotkey to intercept the F5 key and break the hotkey hook chain and for JTAlert to never receive the notification.

When F5 stops working, do any of the other hotkeys also stop? Try the F1 key which should bring up the "Alert Types" window.

As a first step, next time you observe this behaviour, use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Session files for analysis. Include a note of the UTC time when the hotkey stopped working (do a couple of key presses to ensure it is broken). JTAlert records each hotkey activation in its session file.

If it is only F5 that is breaking and the other hotkeys are still working, you can redefine the hotkey needed for the text message window. Open the Settings to the "Miscellaneous -> Hot Keys" section. After making a change, restart JTAlert.

Let me know how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dwight Bosselman

Okay Laurie, tnx for the reply.

73 Dwight NS9I

On 16/10/2017 7:57 AM, NS9I@... wrote:

Okay Laurie, tnx for the reply.

73 Dwight NS9I

Dwight,

Is the "Okay" just an acknowledgement of my message or are you indicating that you have resolved the problem?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dwight Bosselman

ok is an acknowledegement Laurie. Have been on lately to try.

73 Dwight NS9I