locked JTalert not logging to DXkeeper

Randy

I see this issue has already been posted, but my situation seems unique.   I'm using JTalert 2.10.2 (just upgraded from 2.10.1) along with WSJT-X 1.8 RC2 and DXkeeper 14.2.2.

JTalert 'sees' DXkeeper -- test passes and also shows up in the DXkeeper server log.   I can use the context menu in JTkeeper to do callsign lookups in DXkeeper.   So the TCP/IP connection between the two is working.

The DXkeeper DB setting is same on both sides.   Logging checkbox is enabled.

Nothing is being ran under administrator.

The issue: JTalert is not logging any QSO's.   In fact, I think it might not even be detecting them since I don't get any error message that the logging failed.   It's just that nothing happens after the QSO -- no alert, nothing in the DXkeeper server log after the QSO.   During the QSO the calls are shown as RED so it's seeing them.

Any clues are welcome.

Randy

Can’t say what your problem is, but I also upgraded JTAlert (and associated stuff) today and the DXKeeper interface is logging just fine for me. I didn’t do anything but run the setup apps.

73,
Randy, KS4L

On Oct 6, 2017, at 8:18 PM, amps@... wrote:

[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/10/2017 12:18 PM, amps@... wrote:
[...]

OM,

If you not getting a Success or Failure message from JTAlert after logging suggests that you are not performing the logging action in WSJT-X or you have the Log QSO popups disabled in JTAlert. Under the JTAlert Settings, Window -> Popup Windows section, enable both the Success and Failure options so there is some feedback as to what is occurring while your testing the failed logging.

Are you using the OK button on the WSJT-X Log QSO window. WSJT-X is not an automated QSO machine (unlike one of its clones), it requires the operator to action the logging operation.

Let me know how you get on.
If you still have problems, use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis. Include a note of the Callsign and utc time when the logging failed.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Randy

OK thank you very much for the reply which led me in the right direction.   Operator error it seems; I need to enable 'prompt to log qso' in KSJT-X otherwise nothing is logged.   All is good now.

---
~Randy