locked Showing harmonics of the JT65 signals in hamspots.net

Игорь Ч <c_igor@...>

Hello Laurie,

Is it worth to show reported harmonics of JT65 signals in the hamspots.net/jt65 Web interface? I think it would let operators to check almost in real time if they transmitting dirty signals, at least this type of spurious emissions.

As JTDX decodes jt65 harmonics I can try to add it to UDP messages being sent to UDP server as new type of message.

73 Igor UA3DJY

Jim - N4ST

I would think it would cause confusion with harmonics that are created on the receiving end.
There are plenty of operators that have the audio level set too high on the receive end also.
The only way I know to be sure, is if you are receiving a stronger signal that does not have harmonics at the same time you see the "dirty" signal.

_________
73,
Jim - N4ST

Is it worth to show reported harmonics of JT65 signals in the hamspots.net/jt65 Web interface? I think it would let operators to check almost in real time if they transmitting dirty signals, at least this type of spurious emissions.

As JTDX decodes jt65 harmonics I can try to add it to UDP messages being sent to UDP server as new type of message.

73 Igor UA3DJY

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/09/2017 8:33 PM, Игорь Ч via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello Laurie,

Is it worth to show reported harmonics of JT65 signals in the hamspots.net/jt65 Web interface? I think it would let operators to check almost in real time if they transmitting dirty signals, at least this type of spurious emissions.

As JTDX decodes jt65 harmonics I can try to add it to UDP messages being sent to UDP server as new type of message.

73 Igor UA3DJY
Igor,

Sorry, I can't see any benefit in displaying harmonic decodes. They are non-workable. JTAlert deliberately removes any harmonic decodes of the fundamental signal and only alerts and send spots of the fundamental.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Игорь Ч <c_igor@...>

Laurie,

I do not consider public show of the decoded harmonics, only user specific under the personal login and only via the Web page. I have been looking in wav audio files, suprisingly some operators have been transmitting pollutions for months and I think no one said them about it. Some minute intervals have up to three JT65 harmonic signals from several operators.

That is one of the reasons some week JT65 signals being not decoded on the bands while covered by pollutions.

73 Igor UA3DJY