locked New configuration file TQSL

Morris WA4MIT

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

Albert Müller <100almu@...>

Thanks for this new.

A second, is it all for TQSL ? Should we do something else?
A sally question, now all QSO on FT8 are in the good place in LOWT ?

Albert - ON5AM

Secrétaire UBA-LGE et Webmaster de ON5VL
Award manager "Valeureux Liégeois"

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

Michael Black

I just updated TQSL and re-uploaded the two FT8 qsos I did (been waiting for this change to occur before diving into FT8).

The FT8 qsos do show up now on LOTW in the QSO query for FT8.  Not confirmed of course since I'm sure very few people knew how to do this.

Log4OM also has a new update to allow confirmation of FT8 QSLs.

de Mike W9MDB

A second, is it all for TQSL ? Should we do something else?
A sally question, now all QSO on FT8 are in the good place in LOWT ?

Albert - ON5AM

Secrétaire UBA-LGE et Webmaster de ON5VL
Award manager "Valeureux Liégeois"

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

Joe WB9SBD

I just did that as described below. And it was sooo incredibly fast, that it seemed impossible that it had time do download anything and install it. if the whole process too 250 ms I'd be amazed if it took that long.

But afterwards I told it to check for up-dates and this is it's reply.

So I guess I'm Up-Dated?

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 8/14/2017 7:55 AM, Morris Wideman via Groups.Io wrote:
A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

Joe Subich, W4TV

Yes, the new configuration file supports all current versions of tQSL.

After loading the new configuration file, remove any old FT8 -> DATA
mapping and upload any FT8 QSOs you previously uploaded as DATA again
to update the QSOs in LotW.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

Albert - ON5AM <https://www.qrz.com/db/ON5AM>
Secrétaire UBA-LGE et Webmaster de ON5VL <http://on5vl.e-monsite.com/>
wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

TOM-KQ5S <kq5stom@...>

I just did this and made sure that there was no mapping in tQSL for FT8 to data.  I checked LotW and the QSOs are showing up as FT8 BUT the old QSOs uploaded as data are still there.  It created new QSOs for FT8 but I now have duplicates.  I checked again in tQSL and there is no mapping of FT8 to data.

-----------------
73,
Tom - KQ5S

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

Michael Black

And there was a post the other day saying upload the FT8's would "update" the QSO and not create dups.

I only had one QSO to update like that but it did not get duplicated...it got updated.

Do you have a screenshot of a duplicate set showing exact match on all but mode?

de Mike W9MDB

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

TOM-KQ5S <kq5stom@...>

Here you go.

-----------------
73,
Tom - KQ5S

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

TOM-KQ5S <kq5stom@...>

Here is a screenshot of my tqsl showing no mapping.

-----------------
73,
Tom - KQ5S

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Tom-KQ5S <kq5stom@...> wrote:
Here you go.

-----------------

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

Michael Black

Looks like a LOTW bug then.  They claimed dups should not be created when matched.

You should report to them with that info.

de Mike W9MDB

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

TOM-KQ5S <kq5stom@...>

Another ham on the DXLab group reported the same thing.

-----------------
73,
Tom - KQ5S

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

neil_zampella

I've emailed Dave on this, and hope to get a response.     I'm going to assume that there is a 'batch' type process that will go through the system and do the updates, but I'm waiting for some official info on that.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Gary Yarbrough, KE5TD

Mike,

I also just did the config update and deleted the FT8=DATA mapping and resubmitted 5 QSOs of something over 500.....

IT CREATED DUPLICATES OF THE “DATA” QSOs WITH “FT8” ....IT DID NOT UPDATE THE ORIGINAL QSOs !!!!

de Gary KE5TD

A second, is it all for TQSL ? Should we do something else?
A sally question, now all QSO on FT8 are in the good place in LOWT ?

Albert - ON5AM

Secrétaire UBA-LGE et Webmaster de ON5VL
Award manager "Valeureux Liégeois"

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

neil_zampella

According to Dave Bernstein, this is not the way it should be working, and he contacted LOTW staff directly.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Marv Olnes

Hey, guys.  I just went into TQSL, deleted the FT8 special mapping and then downloaded the newest version of TQSL.  I then went into my ACLog general logging program and uploaded all my FT8 contacts once again to LoTW.  Below is a snippet of the last page of 110 contacts directly from LoTW.  You’ll note there is no duplication.  I also did a separate search under “DATA” with 0 returns.  Not sure how to generate a listing consisting of both “DATA” and “FT8” entries.  Did I get lucky?

Marv

Marvin Olnes Jr

Radio Station N0MHL

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

AH0U

I wonder if the sequence is important... I did what you did but I downloaded the new TQSL then deleted the mapping and I get duplicates

Bruce M. Croskey
AH0U

On Aug 15, 2017, at 5:52 PM, Marv Olnes <marvin.olnes@...> wrote:

Hey, guys.  I just went into TQSL, deleted the FT8 special mapping and then downloaded the newest version of TQSL.  I then went into my ACLog general logging program and uploaded all my FT8 contacts once again to LoTW.  Below is a snippet of the last page of 110 contacts directly from LoTW.  You’ll note there is no duplication.  I also did a separate search under “DATA” with 0 returns.  Not sure how to generate a listing consisting of both “DATA” and “FT8” entries.  Did I get lucky?

<image002.jpg>

Marv

Marvin Olnes Jr

Radio Station N0MHL

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

neil_zampella

OK ..  Dave misunderstood what happens.

Here's what he found out yesterday:

"As has been noted here, LoTW now accepts FT8 QSOs without their modes having to be mapped to DATA. A new Configuration Data file for TQSL (version 11.1) makes this possible.

It was my understanding that if after submitting an FT8 QSO to LoTW with TQSL configured to map every FT8 QSO’s mode to DATA, a user now resubmits that FT8 QSO to LoTW without the FT8=>DATA mapping, that the originally submitted QSO’s mode would be updated. That understanding was incorrect: the second submission creates a new QSO in LoTW whose mode is FT8, and the originally-submitted DATA mode QSO remains harmlessly in place. The responsibility for this misunderstanding is mine.

If you submitted an FT8 QSO with its mode mapped to DATA, and if your QSO partner also submitted your FT8 QSO with its mode mapped to DATA, then you each have a confirmation that is valid for DXCC Digital, VUCC, WAS Digital, and WPX Digital awards. Now that LoTW is accepting FT8 QSOs without their modes being mapped to DATA, if one of you removes the FT8=>DATA mapping from TQSL and resubmits your QSO to LoTW, that existing confirmation will remain in place. If both you and your QSO partner resubmit your FT8 QSO with the FT8=>DATA mapping removed from TQSL, the existing confirmation will be updated to reflect an “exact mode match”, which is required for a WAS FT8 endorsement.

Thus it is LoTW confirmations that are updated when you resubmit an FT8 QSO, not LoTW QSOs."

So, if someone has already used the DATA mode QSO for WAS confirmation, its not a problem.  The confirmation will be updated, as Dave said, to an exact mode match.  The reupload will not update the QSOs.

Hope this eliminates any confusion.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Michael Black

You apparently queried with MODE=FT8.  If instead you query one of the callsigns or by date you'll see the duplicates.

de Mike W9MDB

wa4mit=yahoo.com@groups.io>:
A new configuration file is out for TQSL adding FT8 & T10 modes. To
install file open TQSL and follow prompts it should install itself. If it
does not click on Help, check for updates and follow prompts.
73 WA4MIT Morris

Lawrence Godek

I am seeing that after Aug 7th, new submissions to LoTW are showing FT8 mode fin confirmations.  Previously dated entries were mapped as Data as  I had mapped the FT8 mode to Data in TQSL but now when looking at TQSL after installing the new version, it did away with my previous mapping.   I'll wait for a while to see how this gets straightened out before i resubmit previous data mapped QSO's.

Larry

W0OGH

Michael Black

Waiting for what to get straightened out?  Nobody has reported a bug that needs fixing other than dups which is not a bug.

de Mike W9MDB