locked Can't install JTAlertsX

richard clare

I keep getting this message: Audio & Visual Alerts for WSJT-X and JT65-HF. How do I turn this off to install? Richard wb6ewm

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/07/2017 7:54 AM, richard clare wrote:
I keep getting this message: Audio & Visual Alerts for WSJT-X and JT65-HF. How do I turn this off to install? Richard wb6ewm

Richard,

What are you trying to install? If it is JTAlert, the "Audio & Visual Alerts for WSJT-X and JT65-HF" message is related to JTAlert.

I am somewhat confused by your question. Please provide a screen-capture of the offending window that is preventing JTAlert install. (not the whole desktop, just the applicable window, use Alt+PrtScrn).

de Laurie VK3AMA

richard clare

I previously had WSJTx and JTAlertX installed. I installed the new FT* which is running ok. When I tried to install JTAlertz 2.10 I get this message:

On 29/07/2017 8:23 AM, richard clare wrote:
I previously had WSJTx and JTAlertX installed. I installed the new FT* which is running ok. When I tried to install JTAlertz 2.10 I get this message:

Richard,

That image shows that the JTAlert Setup is unable to continue because critical JTAlert files cannot be updated because they have a lock on them. This will be due to JTAlert not having closed properly and some processes are still running.

The best solution is to perform a PC Restart to remove any OS level locks on these files and then run the JTAlert setup again.

de Laurie VK3AMA

richard clare

Thanks for the fast response. That did the trick. Hope to work some new ones on ft8. Have a great day.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid