locked POLL : Do you run JTAlert against multiple copies of WSJT-X and JTDX concurrently on the same PC? #POLL

Jay

Just another example of another feature that this software had that I didn't even know existed.
THANKS Laurie!

- Jay N1RWY

----

My only wish is that with FT8- the previously decoded list of stations stays visible longer- I like checking stations qrz pages and or sending direct message to kill time during my digital work. When using FT8 - they populate and display for a much shorter period than when in JT65 (I understand why) I only wish it could be tweaked a bit to display them longer. Besides that- amazing software as always! Jay N1RWY
Jay,

Activate the JTAlert Decodes History window. Be aware however, it will be somewhat polluted due to the current JTAlert one minute period and the incorrect handling of the 15sec period. The next release of JTAlert handles the new 15 sec period for this display as well.

The Decodes History window (use view menu or F9 hotkey), typically opens in a narrow vertical window or the last viewed width, it can be expanded/collapsed by using the two overlapping squares icon. The expanded and collapsed widths are fixed, but the vertical height is adjustable using the mouse.

On 16/07/2017 1:45 AM, Guy G4DWV/4X1LT wrote:
I tried FT8 and find it too hectic, which is probably why WSJT-X has introduced some automation for QSOs. I have got too used to doing other stuff when working T10 and JT65/9, like watching YouTube videos and checking QRZ pages.

One copy of JTDX is enough for me. I agree with Jay about finding features in JTAlert. I have found so much new stuff too, so much that I need to work my way though all the options and reconfigure most of them. Thanks Laurie, could not work JT modes without JTAlert.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

Thanks Guy,

I am not on-air at the moment (have been for just over 12 months), so am unable to test FT8 live. BUT, during my testing with FT8 I quickly realised, it wont be a mode for me to use regularly. I will likely only ever use it to try and work a much needed DXCC or State that is only on FT8, otherwise I will be using JT65/JT9. I like my leisure time at the end of a TX period. the 2 secs for FT8 is too short for me. Now if a new 30sec t/r period mode was introduced with say 5 or more secs of decision time, that would get me interested.

On 16/07/2017 1:30 AM, Jay wrote:
[...]

de Laurie VK3AMA

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

I tried FT8 and find it too hectic, which is probably why WSJT-X has introduced some automation for QSOs. I have got too used to doing other stuff when working T10 and JT65/9, like watching YouTube videos and checking QRZ pages.

One copy of JTDX is enough for me. I agree with Jay about finding features in JTAlert. I have found so much new stuff too, so much that I need to work my way though all the options and reconfigure most of them. Thanks Laurie, could not work JT modes without JTAlert.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

Jay

I would vote
1
Or
4

I keep finding new and supercool-I-can't-live-without features in your software every time I use it. :-)

My only wish is that with FT8- the previously decoded list of stations stays visible longer- I like checking stations qrz pages and or sending direct message to kill time during my digital work. When using FT8 - they populate and display for a much shorter period than when in JT65 (I understand why) I only wish it could be tweaked a bit to display them longer.

Besides that- amazing software as always!

Jay N1RWY

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

Do you run JTAlert against multiple copies of WSJT-X and JTDX concurrently on the same PC?

I am considering abandoning JTAlert support for multiple instances of WSJT-X and JTDX running concurrently.
I will still support multiple instances and JTAlert, but only against one JTMode application at any time, either WSJT-X or JTDX, not both at the same time

The reason for the poll is that I am having a difficult time with JTAlert coding changes introduced as part of the new FT8 support and being able to reliably handle the multiple instances of JTAlert running against WSJT-X and JTDX concurrently. It is proving difficult and I am finding it easy to break the integration in my tests. Much of the difficulty has its roots with the JTDX process being named wsjtx.exe that same as WSJT-X.

I need to make a decision, Is it worth the effort to get this working reliably?

de Laurie, VK3AMA

Results