locked : Re: Re:: New - JTAlert 2.7.3 available - New Features, Changes and Fixes

Geoff H

Hi Laurie,
             The screen flashes up and disappears real quick, I have sent you my files, so hopefully you might be able to tell me whats wrong. Everything else is working fine just not that, but it was working fine before the update. I have managed to see the heading of the screen after clicking on it several times, it says "scan Log HRD V5/V6" and thats all - there is a red line across the box in the middle but i cant make out what it says, gone before my eyes can focus on it.

Hopefully it is something simple I have missed of didnt do.... love the program and as a last resort I will reload the older jtalert back on, but will perservere with it for now to try and sort it out.

Regards
Geoff - VK3ACE

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I have a similar problem to Geoff, but in addition Worked B4 does not work. I tried to Contact Support and send you the configuration, but when I click on the Send Email button, I get a memory configuration error.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

To: HamApps@...
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:27 AM
Subject: Re:: Re: [HamApps] Re:: New - JTAlert 2.7.3 available - New Features, Changes and Fixes

Hi Laurie,
             The screen flashes up and disappears real quick, I have sent you my files, so hopefully you might be able to tell me whats wrong. Everything else is working fine just not that, but it was working fine before the update. I have managed to see the heading of the screen after clicking on it several times, it says "scan Log HRD V5/V6" and thats all - there is a red line across the box in the middle but i cant make out what it says, gone before my eyes can focus on it.

Hopefully it is something simple I have missed of didnt do.... love the program and as a last resort I will reload the older jtalert back on, but will perservere with it for now to try and sort it out.

Regards
Geoff - VK3ACE

Buddy Ashley

B4 works FB for me.

73 Buddy WB4M

On 5/26/2016 8:52 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:

Laurie,

I have a similar problem to Geoff, but in addition Worked B4 does not work. I tried to Contact Support and send you the configuration, but when I click on the Send Email button, I get a memory configuration error.

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:27 AM
Subject: Re:: Re: [HamApps] Re:: New - JTAlert 2.7.3 available - New Features, Changes and Fixes

Hi Laurie,

Regards
Geoff - VK3ACE

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups08@...>

Geoff,

I got your support files, thanks.

I have yet to diagnose why the "Scan Log" dialog is auto-closing, that is unwanted behaviour.

Please visit the JTAlert Settings, Logging->HRD V5/V6 section and reselect the correct DSN or Log name for your HRD log. Even if the correct DSN/Log is currently shown, click the combo box and select the entry again (this is to force an update and save). After performing that task, close the Settings and JTAlert and then start JTAlert again.

Let me know if that corrects the problem.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 26/05/2016 7:27 PM, haynesfamilytree@... [HamApps] wrote:
Hi Laurie,

Regards
Geoff - VK3ACE

Ed,

Are you using HRD logging, I suspect so.

Please visit the JTAlert Settings, Logging->HRD V5/V6 section and reselect the correct DSN or Log name for your HRD log. Even if the correct DSN/Log is currently shown, click the combo box and select the entry again (this is to force an update and save). After performing that task, close the Settings and JTAlert and then start JTAlert again.

A "Memory Configuration Error" may be due to an excessively large debug file, which is likely if there are HRD ODBC DSN errors being recorded. Let me know what Windows version tour running and I will advise the location of that debug file so it can be deleted.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 26/05/2016 10:52 PM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Laurie,

Ed, K0KC

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I uninstalled 2.7.3 this morning and went back to 2.7.1 this morning so that I could do some JT65/JT9 operating today. I will have to reinstall 2.7.3 to try your suggestion below. I will let you know the results. I did not mention it, but a station that I worked this morning showed up as Worked B4 in the log information area, but not in the call display area. I would not have called him if I had realized that we had worked before, but he graciously completed a contact with me. I guess I was just too quick on the trigger by double-clicking in the JTAlert call sign area.

I am using HRD Log 5.24 and my OS is Win 10/32. I will delete that debug file if you send me the location and name and send you a configuration as a test if it works.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: : Re: [HamApps] Re:: New - JTAlert 2.7.3 available - New Features, Changes and Fixes

Ed,

A "Memory Configuration Error" may be due to an excessively large debug file, which is likely if there are HRD ODBC DSN errors being recorded. Let me know what Windows version tour running and I will advise the location of that debug file so it can be deleted.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie,

Ed, K0KC

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I tried your suggestion below, but B4 is still not working in the call display area, but it does show (for a station that I have previously worked) in the log display area.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: : Re: [HamApps] Re:: New - JTAlert 2.7.3 available - New Features, Changes and Fixes

Ed,

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie,

Ed, K0KC

Ed,

Please use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis.   

Include a note of an example Callsign and the UTC time when this behaviour was observed.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 27/05/2016 6:40 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Laurie,

I tried your suggestion below, but B4 is still not working in the call display area, but it does show (for a station that I have previously worked) in the log display area.

Ed, K0KC

Ed Wilson

I will probably have to delete that file that you mentioned to get the Contact Support to work. Can you give me its name and location?

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:51 PM

Ed,

Please use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis.   

Include a note of an example Callsign and the UTC time when this behaviour was observed.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 27/05/2016 6:40 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Laurie,

Ed, K0KC

Ed,

First stop JTAlert.

Assuming your not running XP, the file path will be..
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\HamApps\K0KC\debug\JTAlertX\

You can safely delete all "debug_*" files in that directory.

If your running against JT65-HF, then replace "JTAlertX" with "JTAlert" in the above path.

Once deleted, start JTAlert and have it run for 5 minutes before sending your support files.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 27/05/2016 7:02 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
I will probably have to delete that file that you mentioned to get the Contact Support to work. Can you give me its name and location?

Ed, K0KC

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I am unable to send you the support files as I still get the "Error Allocating Memory" message when I try to send the email. I did delete the debug_* files in the indicated directory. As I recall, there were three files, two were rather small and the largest was about 5 MB.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...

From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups08@... [HamApps]" To: HamApps@...
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:14 PM

Ed,

First stop JTAlert.

Assuming your not running XP, the file path will be..
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\HamApps\K0KC\debug\JTAlertX\

You can safely delete all "debug_*" files in that directory.

If your running against JT65-HF, then replace "JTAlertX" with "JTAlert" in the above path.

Once deleted, start JTAlert and have it run for 5 minutes before sending your support files.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 27/05/2016 7:02 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:

Ed, K0KC