locked Flag for "CQ DX"

K1DJE - Dave Corio

Laurie, I don't see anything in the archives about this, and perhaps I'm the only one having this problem, but here goes!

I have the word "DX" flagged in JTAlert to show with a specific color to help me avoid answering a CQ by an operator who calls "CQ DX" It works fine as long as the calling format is "CQ DX", however when an op uses the format "CQ AB1CDE DX", where the "DX" replaces the grid square, the "DX" is not flagged.

Is there currently a way, or would it be possible at some point to have the ability to flag a CQ that has "DX" standing alone - that is, where "DX" is not part of the call (KB3XDX) or part of the grid square (DX24)?

My reason for this is that in the few seconds available to reply to a CQ, it is very easy to start answering, only to realize that the caller wanted DX only.

Finally, does anyone on the forum know how I can start WSJTX with a higher task priority in Windows 10 by using the "Applications/Auto-Start/Parameters" function in JTAlert? I know how to change the priority by using Task Manager/Details, however that method does not persist between sessions.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!
KB3MOW

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 2/01/2016 11:56 AM, kb3mow@... [HamApps] wrote:
[...]

Dave,

The Keyword alert only applies to messages that are non-standard exchange messages, that is free-form.
I was unable to reproduce the alert activating when the message is of the format "CQ DX CALLSIGN". Are you sure that type of message is triggering the Keyword alert for you?

I can't see how your getting "DX" keyword alerts in anything other than a free-form message. Do you have an example?

"DX24" will never be interpreted as a Grid as it is invalid, the only valid characters for the first two characters of a Grid are in the range A to R.

I'll add your desire for some sort of "DX" indicator/exclusion for CQ/QRZ decodes to the todo list.

Regarding a high-priorty start of WSJT-X... You cannot do this using the JTAlert auto-start parameters. But you can set JTAlert to start a batch file instead of WSJT-X and have that batch file start WSJT-X with the elevated priority. This page describes starting an application high-priorty via a batch file. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Program-Start-at-High-Priority-%28Windows%29

NOTE: I have not tested this but can't see any reason why it wont work.

de Laurie VK3AMA

K1DJE - Dave Corio

    First, Laurie, thanks for the insight into the priority start issue! Have looked for that answer on a couple of Windows forums, but the best answer I ever got was "use a macro program". Not exactly what I was looking for!

    As to the key word flagging, well, I THOUGHT it was working, albeit not 100%, and I thought the ones that didn't work were likely where "DX" was in place of the grid square.

    Please don't add this to your workload if I'm the only one asking for it. I've been trying to train my brain to actually LOOK for the phrase "DX" rather than have a shortcut do it, but sometimes my old brain NEEDS a shortcut hi hi!

Tnx es 73

Dave 'Doc' Corio
KB3MOW
http://www.qsl.net/kb3mow/