locked JT alert on Linux

BuDJie

Hi Laurie.....you may remember i asked re JTAlert working on Linux with Wine
you said NO...someone saw the post and suggested i look at AlarmeJT.....
i found the software but found it is 64bit and i usually run 32bit for compatability sake.......i have since found the 32bit version of AlaremJT and with some work around got it to work...works quite well but not as good a the JTAlert that you produce.....
--
73 David VK4BDJ

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 24/12/2015 4:30 PM, David djmunn@... [HamApps] wrote:
Hi Laurie.....you may remember i asked re JTAlert working on Linux with Wine
you said NO...someone saw the post and suggested i look at AlarmeJT.....
i found the software but found it is 64bit and i usually run 32bit for
compatability sake.......i have since found the 32bit version of
AlaremJT and with some work around got it to work...works quite well but
not as good a the JTAlert that you produce.....
--
73 David VK4BDJ
Hi David,

A "Heads Up". I am currently doing a ground-up rewrite of JTAlert using a new Language/Development enviornment (C# / Visual Studio), still under Windows. Part of this rewrite is the testing of all code modules and GUIs under Linux. That testing is being done under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Apart from some minor gui inconsistencies, I have not encounterd any JTAlert breaking features under Linux. I am reasonably confident that JTAlert will be available under Linux, possibly MacOS, some time in the first half of 2016.

de Laurie VK3AMA

BuDJie

Hi Laurie.....sounds great...if you need a Linux tester dont hesitate to ask..
im now running Linux Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu based) on 64 bit but can also run Ubuntu 15.10 also 64bit.....

73 David VK4BDJ

On 2/01/2016 10:18 AM, David djmunn@... [HamApps] wrote:
Hi Laurie.....sounds great...if you need a Linux tester dont hesitate to ask..
im now running Linux Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu based) on 64 bit but can also run Ubuntu 15.10 also 64bit.....

73 David VK4BDJ
David,

As soon as I have code an end-user can test, I'll send it your way.
All my development and testing  (Windows and Linux) is 64bit.

I neglected to mention in my last message... for a native Windows .NET application to run under Linux & MacOS, Mono needs to be installed. I had no trouble installing Mono on my Ubuntu test environment and I don't regularly use Linux, so I'm sure you will have no issues ;) Think of Mono as just another prerequisite/dependency that needs to be installed as is typical when installing a new app to Linux :-)

de Laurie VK3AMA

BuDJie

Hi Again....Mono seems to work better than Wine....will load Mono ready for when you are..

David

On 02/01/16 09:29, 'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups07@... [HamApps] wrote:

[...]

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Laurie,

I am running Debian Jessie on a RPi 2.  I will test also when the code is ready for beta.
73
Ron / W4MMP