From: "Mike Anderson mike@... [HamApps]"
To: HamApps@...
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Band activity indicator

Laurie calls it a heat map  in the tutorial and gives a band activity  snap shot;  however, the activity you see is based on world wide information from Ham Spots data as I understand.    I use it in conjunction with the Band Activity window which I keep open as well the call sign window to get the bigger picture.

Mike
K5NAN

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 9/12/2015 6:26 AM, captkirk@... [HamApps] wrote:

I'm asking because I am wondering if it is my eyes or my confuser.  I didn't find any reference in help either.  On my screen the shading of the colors for the different bands seems to change.  Sometimes one or more of the bands will be invisible and I personally don't see any correlation between the amount of hams on the band and the shade/depth of color.

Kirk - N6SXR

Kirk,

Tha Band Activity display provides a visible indication as to the amount of activity on the Bands (taken from HamSpots.net spots). The different colors, which are user configurable, are designed to give an indication on how "Hot" the bands are with activity.

The Colors for the different thresholds can be set in the Settings window, "Window -> Band Activity Display" section.
You can also turn off the hiding of bands when there is no activity if you wish.

de Laurie VK3AMA