locked JTAlert, WSJT-X and Ham Radio Deluxe logging

Maximo Barawid Jr.

I am currently using the JT65-HF HB9HQX Edition and Ham Radio Deluxe logging program.  I read that the WSJT-X is better than the latter in terms of sensitivity and easier to use.  So I have installed both WSJT-X and JTAlert, configured both as per some tutorials available online.  Also configured JTAlert to use HRD 5/6 logging program.  But I have a couple of question which are:

1.  When I receive decoded transmissions and some of the callsigns were already in my HRD logbook, it is not showing that I had already QSO B4.  I need to know if I already had QSO with someone calling me.

2.  Should Ham Radio Deluxe be running in the background?  I tried that too but it gives me error because CAT port is being used by WSJT-X.

Any help is highly appreciated.

73,

de Max DV2UXH

Jim - N4ST

Max,

I have been very happy with the HRD, WSJT-X, JTAlert combination for years.
I don’t remember the exact procedure for setting up the JTALert "B4", because I did it so long ago, however,
I would suggest that you change your WSJT-X configuration to not talk directly to your radio, but select CAT control via HRD. That will eliminate your port conflict, but make sure you always have HRD running before you start WSJT-X since it will disconnect the CAT control if it does not find the HRD link operational.
Then in JTAlert, set up your logging to directly access your HRD Log. Also, you should initialize your JTAlert "Needed" database by having it scan your HRD Log. You also want to make sure you have updated your HRD log with LoTW, eQSL, QSL received, or whatever combination suits your preference (I just use LoTW).

_______
73,
Jim - N4ST

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 10/06/2015 8:52 PM, mbarawid@... [HamApps] wrote:
I am currently using the JT65-HF HB9HQX Edition and Ham Radio Deluxe logging program.  I read that the WSJT-X is better than the latter in terms of sensitivity and easier to use.  So I have installed both WSJT-X and JTAlert, configured both as per some tutorials available online.  Also configured JTAlert to use HRD 5/6 logging program.  But I have a couple of question which are:

1.  When I receive decoded transmissions and some of the callsigns were already in my HRD logbook, it is not showing that I had already QSO B4.  I need to know if I already had QSO with someone calling me.

2.  Should Ham Radio Deluxe be running in the background?  I tried that too but it gives me error because CAT port is being used by WSJT-X.

Any help is highly appreciated.

73,

de Max DV2UXH

Hi Max,

HRD doesn't need to be running for JTAlert to log QSOs and detect B4s.

B4 detection is automatic provided you have enabled HRD logging. When enabled you will see "HRD" in the JTAlert titlebar.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike Anderson

Sorry  I was  typing my reply and sent it  whilst  Laurie had posted the answer.

Mea Culpa

Mike